Just got my first BIKE BUG!!! Need help..?

GoldenMotor.com

Roadkill

Feb 14, 2009
Roadkill, USA
Anyone care to look at my special win it is item number... 150327151824 on eeekbay...
I am sure people did not make it sell high for a reason.. I like the way these look and actually tried to get a free style once.

My questions are few.

1. will this work with my BMP kit and Robin in the rear well, fair, poorly or not at all?
2. Can somebody point the way to the BEST roller skate wheel replacement for the "teeth" on the back wheel?
3. I think I will need a carb kit and maybe something else. Are there engine rebuild kits as well?

Ok back to work.. I gotta pay for all this and still owe on my soul as well.. Gotta get that back and auction it off to pretty girls..

Thanks in reverse or forwards.. My thanks stall in neutral. Thanks all the same and sideways.

:-||

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Hey Roadkill, good price on the ebay engine.

However, that means you now have a 2-stroke front engine and 4-stroke rear engine. If so, ya can't use a central reserve tank.:-||

Roadkill

Feb 14, 2009
Roadkill, USA
Hey Roadkill, good price on the ebay engine.

However, that means you now have a 2-stroke front engine and 4-stroke rear engine. If so, ya can't use a central reserve tank.:-||
Hey!!! I will just have to wait and get more. I bid 105 max and got it for 104.. Doh! I will probably add this to the MS. trek.. She might have a beach cruiser as well. I am just starting buddy boi!!! If I buy a bunch of these things or just motors they will hold value. I am not really losing anything by collecting them. I want my 7 year old to get a 25cc kit and get him hooked. I might be making my own soon anyway.. Did you ever see the how to friction drive videos on youtube? There are 3 or 4 that guide you through everything.

I did a search for "friction drive" and the word "build" and found some cool links.. Those are not the ones though.. Basically these are just like BMP or STATON kits.. Perfect replica's...

Cheers... Any other ideas on what I need? Fuel pump, carb kit? Roller skate wheel? Look at the teeth on that beast! Poor tires.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Not trying to disrespect you, my friend. :)

JMO, you got a bargain! They seem to be well engineered; maybe you can convert one to rear-mount and have twin identical engines with same oil-fuel ratios..bld.

Roadkill

Feb 14, 2009
Roadkill, USA
The guy said it did'nt work indirectly though.. It is cute.. I like archaic stuff.. I will just find out when it gets here.. Thanks

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Bike Bug....just don't fall for the Texas guy who wants 25 dollars for an "info packet" before he will sell you parts.

eDJ has one. I had one. They are Tanaka engines, and parts are readily available for them.

The primer bulb gets a little stiff from sitting, but usually softens up once you use it a bit. Will need new gas fo'sho'.

The drive wheels are not as ferocious as they look on tires, but a skate wheel can be used as a replacement, can't remember what size the axle is.

Smoooooth and fairly quiet, will run from a walk to about 22 mph.

Also known as a Sears Free Spirit, and (like mine was) a TAS Spitz.

Attachments

Last edited:

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
One more thing....they have a pulse line to the fuel tank, it may have a small crack in it and therefore won't "pump up" to the carb. Look for a loose fit or cracks in that line. I doubt there is anything wrong with the carb if it was re-built in the last 10 years.

Roadkill

Feb 14, 2009
Roadkill, USA
One more thing....they have a pulse line to the fuel tank, it may have a small crack in it and therefore won't "pump up" to the carb. Look for a loose fit or cracks in that line. I doubt there is anything wrong with the carb if it was re-built in the last 10 years.
Nice looker your motor is.. Can I use some kind of putty if i find a crack somewhere? JB weld worked on a punctured kawasaki crank case I have. It worked great. That nike needs timing but still holds oil.

Thanks for the tips!