MBA Motors Mortorized Mountain Bike Anyone?? HELP??? HELP.....

GoldenMotor.com

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Cal

I was thinking you have a 43cc, my bad. It looks like your muffler has melted the plastic shroud, maybe it is restricted?

The opti 2 oil will help more than it would hurt and no smoke.

Could you take the light weight metal cover of the motor box so we can see the primary belt system with more pics.

Slipping could be your problem. Does your motor speed up (rpm) or slow down when going up hills, or just the bike slows down?? Belts don`t last long when slipping! They should have a belt adjustment under the cover.

V belts grip with their sides (wedge effect) when they get wore too much, the belt rides in the bottom of the pulley and have very little side grip. Pulley`s also wear out, even the big cast iron pulleys on my stump grinding machines.

New belts are cheap at Auto-Zone etc. Spring belt tensioners are great and better for the system. They are self adjusting when set up correctly and trouble free, no more belt slippage.

Found pic`s of the scooter exhaust but my snipping tool was not working, now today it`s ok!!??

When you get it sorted out, your machine should be top shelf. Don`t give up!

Ron

Last edited:

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Cal

Your clutch shoes could be bad/wore also. You reached some high speeds at times, it appears. Does your motor seem to run the same all the time? It is very possible you just need adjusting of the belts or replacement.

Don`t think there is much to go bad with your system. It must be good to be in a bike of that quailty! Remove the cover and post some good clear pic`s of different positions.

Really don`t think you have a serious problem. The top belt would be the first belt to wear out. New belts would be wise, keep the old belts for spare`s.

Ron

Last edited:

calpolymike

Oct 22, 2011
cal poly pomona
Cal

I was thinking you have a 43cc, my bad. It looks like your muffler has melted the plastic shroud, maybe it is restricted?

The opti 2 oil will help more than it would hurt and no smoke.

Could you take the light weight metal cover of the motor box so we can see the primary belt system with more pics.

Slipping could be your problem. Does your motor speed up (rpm) or slow down when going up hills, or just the bike slows down?? Belts don`t last long when slipping! They should have a belt adjustment under the cover.

V belts grip with their sides (wedge effect) when they get wore too much, the belt rides in the bottom of the pulley and have very little side grip. Pulley`s also wear out, even the big cast iron pulleys on my stump grinding machines.

New belts are cheap at Auto-Zone etc. Spring belt tensioners are great and better for the system. They are self adjusting when set up correctly and trouble free, no more belt slippage.

Found pic`s of the scooter exhaust but my snipping tool was not working, now today it`s ok!!??

When you get it sorted out, your machine should be top shelf. Don`t give up!

Ron
Here you go.

i hope this helps.

I CANT BELIEVE NOBODY has this bike....nowhere!!

i took the drive belt off, going to replace it today. I hope its just needing
a new belt...but i dunnoo...im dumb with this stuff.

jm218

Jul 29, 2013
long beach CA
I HAVE THAT SAME BIKE!!!! mine tho has become a single speed heartbreak... the back wheel axle is no longer in perfect working order... the guy i bought if from misinformed me about the fuel and the engine locked up but i got it fixed at a lawnmower shop... the guy said i could buy a new one for 200 but i didn't have the cash... i love how this thing runs... i did a trip from long beach to Irvine California in 1 and 1/2 hrs down PCH and it was awesome... the battery compartment on mine fell down because the bolts came loose so i just taped it to the top of the bracket, so no longer has a battery in there but it was pointless to have it in there anyways cause the battery cant charge.. the battery i bought brand new died in a couple of weeks of use (i exchanged it and bought an external battery charger and that worked till the thing fell off). i am now thinking about selling it but i really like the frame too much.. i haven't seen many gas bikes with shocks ... and they do come in handy.the front wheel is fine, the body is fine, the engine spills a bit of oil but that's because i had to bore out the cylinders to get it to run again. ive only gone 41 mph as u claim going down a hill lol (i had a speedometer and i could get to 35 but it was loud so i would cruse at 25).. i did have the same problem as you going up hills but my hills were not 1/2 mile incline... they were steep but short distance so the pedal assist works.. in conclusion the only real problem to my bike is the back hub. this vital component holds the flywheel and the sprockets (form me now single sprocket) and the wheel. if i don not find a replacement this bike is done. pictures to come soon!