clutch pads

GoldenMotor.com

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
was wondering if anyone knows where a guy could score some replacement clutch pads? seems mine are getting a little worn and had a lot of fiber shavings of clutch pad whenI removed the cover. clutch still grabs but seems like Iam dialing my clutch in more to compensate.brnot

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
I went to his website and it shows he didnt have any clutch pads! does anyone know? it would sure help me out now before spring / summer get here!

toytime

Mar 20, 2008
Ontario
Do you guys glue them on and if so, with what?
Is it not just as cheap to buy a clutch?
I guess a place that makes or rebuilds brake shoes could be a source of that stuff, I think it comes in sheets.

fm2200

Nov 16, 2008
new york city
filestyle I just got clutch pads one month ago from spookytoothcycles.com I think they were about 13-14 bucks. 866 243 4552 I think thats there no# there in bisbane Arizona.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
I have not had any problems with the clutch but I've been wondering if a guy could use a couple of friction discs from an automatic tranny you would need 2 one for each side of the clutch or a guy could find a old motorcycle clutch that might have the right dia. clutch disc. You will have to make them fit lots of cutting grinding and cussing. I would try to make this work by using the whole disc one on each side and not the little pucks that come on these wonderful jewels. If one of you guys have a clutch disc and want me to try this I have an extra complete clutch laying on the bench and all I need is the clutch discs to start the experimentations with.
something to make a guy go HUMMMM?!!!
Norman

Last edited:

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
thanks pops, I found them at zoombicycles like you said./ fm2200 I looked on spookytooth web site but did not see any! I did not call them however I did go ahead and order some and also found the cable keepers Ive been looking for also. decent prices with zoombicycles , hope there shipping is as good.