Jet engines?

GoldenMotor.com

Henshooter

Feb 10, 2014
Melbourne au
First thought was "Jay Leno".........yeah, he should be able to fix you up!
Ha watched an clip where he said some crazy fan parked next to him so he could speak to Leno , he told the fan not to park to close but the dude wouldn't listen , jay then said he was parked there for a minute watching the crazy fans bumper melt off bahaha

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Been around for awhile;

http://gizmodo.com/391602/the-75-mph-bicycle-thats-powered-by-a-jet-engine

Yea, it was one of those novelties that got popular for a bit... no idea why lol
Yeah honestly I always thought it was a very silly and waiste of time kinda idea not to mention making a bike about as dangerous as it can be...... thats the kind of stuff that could get motorized bicycle more nails in the casket, those crazy extremes get the attention of the wrong people in public office who are looking to justify their position by finding a new project which normally means something else to regulate and restrict, and this is why I think its good to keep our bike to where they are perceived to be as safe and non threatening as possible, to many idiots out there looking to put a feather in there hat and take something else away from people in the name of " public safety " because after all they no whats best for us peasants. .... and we couldn't make it in the world without them......lol!

Well, sorry for the rant..... just some of my $ 0.02 on the jet powered bike mess

Map
.wee.

rocksalt27

Oct 24, 2013
Portland, ME
OK, that's some interesting stuff. I'm looking for something maybe the size of a tallboy, maybe with a drive shaft. I'm not looking for speed, I keep it around 30 mph. Just a modest hobbyist looking to expand and learn more.

Also, can I find a cheap/decent electric kit?

phatcruiser

Sep 23, 2013
San Diego
electric kits are heavy and the batteries are expensive. Gas motors are lighter and the range is much greater.

Golden motors makes some inexpensive wheel mounted motors. I don't think they include the battery.

u2smile

Mar 27, 2014
Gulf coast
Look up pulse jet serval on the tube, it is very simple cheap to make.
I have toyed with the idea myself just for fun. As they are very loud!