monark forks on worksman?

GoldenMotor.com

turkman

Nov 12, 2009
burbank,ca
7.25" will work on a worksman newsboy. What kind of breake you using?The disk setup on those works great with just the plates you can buy ,if you putting a drum on you'll need to add a post an reconfigure the hardware to clear it ,not much travel but dam they look great! Later Bob

fx-2

Oct 7, 2011
Tucson Arizona
Turkman right he help me build this bike as has rode as much or more than I have . The lower bearing on the stem is the only trouble on the older monark . Dan

Attachments

big bob

Jun 21, 2012
ny
7.25" will work on a worksman newsboy. What kind of breake you using?The disk setup on those works great with just the plates you can buy ,if you putting a drum on you'll need to add a post an reconfigure the hardware to clear it ,not much travel but dam they look great! Later Bob
i havent decided on a brake yet. i had a strumery archer 70mm with a light generator but its gone now.

whats a good disc brake setup that doesnt cost too much? i have a worksman newsboy and it only has the rear pedal brake. i like the disc or drum because they look better than the rim squeezing ones.

also how would i mount the disc to the front wheel?

and i agree they look great.

thanks for reply

big bob

Jun 21, 2012
ny
Turkman right he help me build this bike as has rode as much or more than I have . The lower bearing on the stem is the only trouble on the older monark . Dan

is that a strumery archer 70mm?

do you have any info on lacing it up with a worksman wheel?

thanks for replies

big bob

Jun 21, 2012
ny
No that's a Worksman drum brake on there wheel . Got it from worksman . You can see the pin I put in the forks . Dan
how much was the drum brake from worksman? or did you have to buy entire wheel combo?

i was searching the worksman site and i couldnt find the drum brakes.

fx-2

Oct 7, 2011
Tucson Arizona
Just call them . I got mine as a set just make sure you get the 3 cross laced wheels . Your in there back yard . Have fun . Dan