Newbie and First Build

GoldenMotor.com

Fasterthanyou

Feb 20, 2012
Rhode Island
Hello,

You guys have a great forum! Not sure if I should post here or on the general forum, but I just purchased a Titan XC50 (kit from Dax) and now I'm looking for the right bike. I want to do a cruiser/retro without too much engineering. I know my way around a toolbox having build a Cobra kit car, but I don't have much in the way of fabrication or welding equipment. My favorite bike so far is the Schwinn Point Beach but that looks tight. Any suggestions?

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
If you are talking in frame, I had a HS/G4 in a Point Beach. The same bike now has a 99cc Preadator installed so I dont think room is an issue. Its aluminum framed so welding is a problem if needed, for most of us anyway.

Fasterthanyou

Feb 20, 2012
Rhode Island
Thanks Cannonball2, I appreciate the reply. Yes, I was talking in frame. They have a Point Beach at the local WalMart, so I figure I can't go wrong. Besides, their return policy is great in case it doesn't fit. Did you have to bend or replace the pedals for clearance?

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
The 4G came with the wide pedal set made for the kit. No problem fitting it. The Preadator required bending the original cranks. I used the torch method, WayneZ has a method for cold bending them. I dont know what you are getting with the DAX kit, but the frame has the necessary room for an inframe with the HS for sure.