USX trike buildup

GoldenMotor.com

Tourezrick

Nov 1, 2011
Chicaga
USX Trike.wmv - YouTube

Just a USX trike with a flat wrap fairing, lights (including brake lite), horn. All that's missing is the Robin/Staton drivetrain which has been on order for two weeks. Anyone know how long it usually takes for orders to be filled?

Tourezrick

Nov 1, 2011
Chicaga
USX Trike buildup #2 vid - riding, some review

tourezrick's Channel - YouTube

Still nothing from Staton in Oklahoma. Sent them a few e-mails asking about shipping date - even an estimated date, but no answer back. I'm gonna call after Thanksgiving. Anyone out there bought from them? How long did it take for your order to get shipped? Wonder if the earthquake caused damage in his shop?

Tourezrick

Nov 1, 2011
Chicaga
Now a month since placing an order with Staton! Talked to him a week ago to add a twistgrip to the order, at which point he said that "He thought the order was on the counter to be shipped". No shipping notice from him, has anyone dealt with Staton before and had it take this long, or am I just over-reacting?

Tourezrick

Nov 1, 2011
Chicaga
E-mailed Staton yesterday, he promptly sent me a return saying that yes, the order was on the counter, but had been held up waiting for the axle, and to make it up to me, he was giving me the twistgrip and gearbox upgrade free! The axle is still waiting and will be shipped seperate, but I should have everything else tomorrow, 12/22/11.

My thanks to Mr. Staton, and let this be a testamonial to his service and business ethics!

Tourezrick

Nov 1, 2011
Chicaga
Well, I started installing the Staton kit today. Downloaded the 'instructions' from the website and quickly found out that the best 'instructions' were the pictures posted on the website of customer's USX trikes. A lot of hand fitting, file work and drilling! But, the main mount is on, as is the throttle and tomorrow the engine and trans go on. Of course, it don't mean nothing if I don't get an axle before the snow flies.

Tourezrick

Nov 1, 2011
Chicaga
Still waiting for an axle! I was able to get a right (pedal drive side) axle from my local J&B dist. in three days - and he said he had 2 in stock. Don't know if Staton orders the axle already turned down to fit the cog/freewheel he provides, or, being a machine shop, he orders stock drive axles and turns them down himself, which I will do if I can find access to a lath. Staton says that the axle I have is too short to work, which I can't see being true. Sure expected I'd be out riding long before now!

Tourezrick

Nov 1, 2011
Chicaga
Update on my trike build. Got an email from David Staton today. He said that the axles are shipping from Florida today and he should have them Friday. He will ship mine out same day, if possible, so I should have an axle next week, and a motorized USX shortly thereafter. Thanks to David Staton for keeping in touch with me and explaining the situation.