just a quickie , an maybe I am nuts

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
all fun and games until some one is on fire and running!... Then it is really funny.

wut?

Kidding! Kids, don't try this at home with out a fire extinguisher!

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
You guys do realize that on a ported 2stroke there are no VALVES in the way of keeping the fire from roasting your family jewels right?
Using a bigger longer pipe.... yeah give it more gas fumes to ignite aka more power when it blows up.
Might as well just inject mappgas and oxygen right into a pipe then set it off. While wearing a camelback filled with GASOLINE on your back leaking gas down to your ankles
Will make a great show.... one you will NOT be able to repeat because you will either will be dead or wishing that you was

Keep the FLAMES in the cylinder where they belong

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
If the engine is running, and not backfiring but just emitting a constant pressure to allow flame from fuel fed late in the exhaust system, how could it have any effect on the jewels?

Last edited:

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
whats in the way to stop it?
remember its NOT like a 4stroke where there is always a valve closed be it the intake or exauhst valve thats closed.

ever seen on Utube a blower explode or a Nitrus car blow the intake manifold....
Now ask yourself do you really want to take the chance with that made in china motor made out of melted down popcans and screendoors?

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
I would think that the pressure emitted from a running engine, emitted to the the exhaust, would make it impossible for the flame ignited at the end of the muffler to backflow.

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
I would think that the pressure emitted from a running engine, emitted to the the exhaust, would make it impossible for the flame ignited at the end of the muffler to backflow.
In my research , the engine could explode if the following condition exists , any open port an too much unburned fuel in the exhaust gasses, personally that turned the idea sour for me , but , a faux dual exhaust one for the motor an one for "fun" smoke or fire . I still havent had time to build the system "old school style " small scale on my work bench an I am preety sure that in the case of fire it wont work with out the back pressure from the motor . now . on the other hand as YRR found ,smoke, could be fun an significantly safer , c'mon , heres the scene start the smoke an just rev the motor a lil how many folks would be fooled into thinking you were smoldering your tire off the rim an just idle out of a small cloud ? = harmless fun .

Motorbikermark

Nov 16, 2011
Western N.C.
Okay I can't believe we are actually discussing this! If you really want to see flames from your bike take you reserve fuel pour it on the bike and strike a match! In the end it will probably have the same effect as a SPARKER!.kick2

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
In my research , the engine could explode if the following condition exists , any open port an too much unburned fuel in the exhaust gasses, personally that turned the idea sour for me , but , a faux dual exhaust one for the motor an one for "fun" smoke or fire . I still havent had time to build the system "old school style " small scale on my work bench an I am preety sure that in the case of fire it wont work with out the back pressure from the motor . now . on the other hand as YRR found ,smoke, could be fun an significantly safer , c'mon , heres the scene start the smoke an just rev the motor a lil how many folks would be fooled into thinking you were smoldering your tire off the rim an just idle out of a small cloud ? = harmless fun .
There is a great pic of Bike Guy Joe with photoshopped smoke bellowing as he starts off the line. I can't find the "still" but it is at 127 on the vid in my signature.

LOL Gnu, now ya got me really wanting to build some thing like that.