jackshift worth it?

GoldenMotor.com

Zen Wolf

Jun 5, 2011
CT
I just bought a jet 80CC kit from gasbike.net and i have seen videos of the jacshift kits. i use my bike to go to work and home but i live in a hilly area where it seems the shifting would be easier on the engine. what I would like to know is if my engine can even use a jackshift kit, if there are cheaper kits,and is it relay worth it.
ALSO thanks to Schwinn The Fox for referring me here via youtube video review!

if you don't know of the kit i have here is a direct link.
Jet 80cc 2 Stroke Bicycle Motor - Jet 80cc 2 Stroke Bicycle Engine Kit - 66cc Bicycle Engine Kit

Thanks for all the help!!^^

ToxicAz520

Mar 11, 2011
Tucson,Arizona
Yes that motor will wrk fine with the shiftkit. I don't know what your background is mechanically but the shiftkit is not the bset thing if it is your first build with a pretty good mechnical background. Also it is not the engine you have to worry about the shift kit fitting it is if the shift kit will fit you bike with motor in it.

Now that that is out of the way. the anser to your other question is yes it works awesome for hilly areas cause you can keep the motor in the sweet spot rpm range when going up hills. If you have time use the search feat and there are plenty of post and threads that go into detail a little more for you.

Skyliner70

May 25, 2011
Colorado
There are cheaper kits but stick with the original manufacturer SBP because they have evolved thir kit to a newer style and definitely go with the heavy duty crank freewheel which the other kits do not offer.

Zen Wolf

Jun 5, 2011
CT
So I'm thinking about getting the shift kit but am currently having problems with my clutch cable. I use 2 hands and still hardly moves I have pulled the spare wire and tightened the thingy that holds the wire to the clutch bar. Still it feels like I need vice grips to get anywhere. Is there some way special I should be placid the wire also there is an excess of spare wire because my frame is smaller and the cable is relatively Long. Should I trimthe wire or what? Any help would be greatly appreciated I have already gotten bitten trying to tighten the wire. My screwdriver took a good chunk out of flesh between my thumb and index finger. Thanks again for all of the helpful advice!

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
is the brass fitting on the clutch cable up really snug? that's a very important thing to take care of up front. another option is opening the clutch panel, and loosening the flower nut 1 notch, helps a bit.

and third, the panel for the actuator arm, if you tighten it down too much it could give you that problem, you may need too loosen up the screws a tidbit.

try hose ideas an get back to us, also it's recommended you add a bit of grease to the cable to keep it going smooth, and then if you have a soldering gun, add a dab of solder to the end of the cable to keep it from unraveling over time. and yes you can cut off excess cable, just make sure it is indeed excess, and again add that solder to the end of it so it doesn't get all frayed.

Zen Wolf

Jun 5, 2011
CT
I have loosened the bolt from the other side but it did nothing, not even a bit. The clutch arm came pre assembled but still I tried with no luck. Also I shot some lube in to the cable and the fitting is deffanately tight enough. I have built motorized stuff all of my live and never have felt a clutch with that much required tension. I'm at a total stand still now!

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
I just bought a jet 80CC kit from gasbike.net and i have seen videos of the jacshift kits. i use my bike to go to work and home but i live in a hilly area where it seems the shifting would be easier on the engine. what I would like to know is if my engine can even use a jackshift kit, if there are cheaper kits,and is it relay worth it.
ALSO thanks to Schwinn The Fox for referring me here via youtube video review!

if you don't know of the kit i have here is a direct link.
Jet 80cc 2 Stroke Bicycle Motor - Jet 80cc 2 Stroke Bicycle Engine Kit - 66cc Bicycle Engine Kit

Thanks for all the help!!^^
The shift kit is worth every penny. Try to gear it the lowest possible.

Skyliner70

May 25, 2011
Colorado
Don't worry about the clutch...just get a centrifugal one. Both of my bikes have had one for past 2 years without any issues at all with respect to reliability.

Zen Wolf

Jun 5, 2011
CT
New question! I have my eyes on a new bike but the size is 29" not 26. How would I put my engine on it if I bought it? Any help? Thank you!