what do you get

GoldenMotor.com

Elixys

Sep 14, 2010
Midland, TX
what do you get when you are 2 miles away from home when the pedal chain comes off and when you stop the bike to check it out the engine dies and when you try to restart the engine the clutch cable snaps?

you get a fun time pushing your motorized bike home 2 miles in drizzling rain......

sorry not much of a punchline there, but hay i got my workout for the day done. at least i have a spare cable from a Bell caliper brake set that wouldnt fit my 2.125 front tire so theres always a shiny side to the penny..bf., also i managed to score a 415 chain from the local motorcycle shop.....its a REGINA chain.....i hope its the right size.....looks close but theres no way to tell for sure until i try it out on the bike.
Elixys sighs dejectedly.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
You get the best part of motorized bicycling for many- force wrenching and understanding of the bike and it's systems.

Anybody want the books on cassette version of "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance"? See my ad in the swap and shop.

Elixys

Sep 14, 2010
Midland, TX
dont get me wrong, i love my moto bicycle. im just tired of working on it every single day.....ive worked the bike over every day since i got it.....have spent more time fixing it than riding it and thats what i dislike. but as i said on the bright side, i think ive just about got all the gremlins out of the thing by now. *knock on wood* and its almost ready to put some serious miles on it. just gotta keep at it is all.....aaaand i managed to fix the back wheel finally. turns out the sprocket wobble was because the hub was bent in on one side where the spokes go......due to drive chain coming off and jamming between the drive sprocket and frame of the bike....I have to hand it to Kulana though they make a good sturdy frame. i went down to the store and bought the exact same bike, took it home, took the back wheel off, put the wheel from the motorized bike on that bike, took it back to the store and told them the wheel was all bent up and had no brakes, and they let me exchange it for a new bike.....so now i have two good bikes....one motorized and one that will be motorized some time next month when i haz moar moneys to get another kit.....will probably get the same kit i got last time and definitely another CNS carb because the one i have on my bike now works wonderfully when the bike runs......will let the wife drive that one. :)