My chain broke.... does this one fit?

GoldenMotor.com

OrangeBrian

Jun 30, 2009
hawaii
See my chain broke about a month ago and i never had the time to go get one. So when i went out searching for a chain, the first thing i went to was spooky tooth cycles and i found this Num 41 chain. I never heard of this type of chain. so i went on back to hear and i got to ask dis question.

Dose anyone know anything about this chain? Will it just be a fit it and go ride chain? will it fit the regular sprockets teethes?

http://www.spookytoothcycles.com/component/virtuemart/?page=shop.product_details&flypage=vmj_ace.tpl&product_id=526&category_id=94

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Using #41 chain will also allow you to buy master links locally. Ace Hardware carries #41 chain, master links and half-links. Its also available at Grainger, Tractor Supply and any industrial supply outlet. Can't say that for #415 which is hard to find except through motor bike places and you'll have to wait for shipping. American made #41 is also superior to the Chinese chain in so far as wear and smoothness in the rollers. Go for it.
Tom

OrangeBrian

Jun 30, 2009
hawaii
like what is the size of it how wide is it? And my gosh i just called ace hardwaer here in hawaii It's Freaken $0.99 per inches. I was thinking like WTF. Well anyways ima gona go there some time this week.

taddthewadd

Mar 1, 2009
Visalia, California
wow! I paid 16 dollars for 10 feet at tractor supply. Do you have a Tractor Supply there? try searching for it on the web. What island are you on? or even better what is your zip code. I can go on their site and put your zip and it will tell if any are near you.

taddthewadd

Mar 1, 2009
Visalia, California
The 410 or known as 1/8" BMX didn't work on mine but works on others. It depends on the sprocket on the engine. Some are thin enough and others are not. Might be worth a shot since I am sure you can get one much cheaper than 99 cents an inch. Most bike shops have them from 7-12 bucks.

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
Usually the engine kits that already come with a pull start and centrifugal clutch(called dualstart dualclutch) use a 410(bmx) chain instead of 415. You can also replace the small engine sprocket for one that does use (410)bmx chain or you can grind it down a little.

OrangeBrian

Jun 30, 2009
hawaii
well i live on oahu and I already kno there isnt any tractor supply here cause its an island. But what we do have is ace, hardware hawaii, home depot, Lowes , And a whole bunch of Moped shops

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Last edited:

OrangeBrian

Jun 30, 2009
hawaii
Hay 5-7 ahaha i saw u... i was walking to school do u rember i was staring at your bike i was walking with a friend. and yea i just added an expansion chamber and omg its awsum we gota meet up some day and do a cruise ahaha

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
LOL, Brian, all Radord High School guys stare at my bike.dance1

Next time wave with two hands and either call "5-7 Heaven" or Myron.

So is your bike running?

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
I adjust my high-speed mixture on the flats right in front of Brian Orange's house.xct2

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Aloha Pinoy Boy!No, I didn't see your bike(hide ur bike, so no one steals it!). In one of your pics, I recognized the road, bike lane and the building in the background.

Out of 26,000 members and maybe 10 motorized bikes on this island, Brian lives a couple hundred yards from me.I rode past your house last night to test and tune, then turned down by Target's....

then my new chain BROKE! lol

So I reinstalled my old chain. Going to the doctor, then to work in Kalihi, then to school tonight on my bike.xct2