Junk Kit Parts

GoldenMotor.com

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
After fixing my fourth gas cap, I am trying to decide what is the worst junk part that comes with these kits. Seems the little locking tab in the gas cap always wants to fall inside the cap.
I don't know what is worse, the gas cap, the chain tensioner or the rag joint? I never use the chain tensioner or the rag joint, I machine my own.

John

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
I can give votes for the gas cap, and tensioner !CRAP!, my rag joint is still alright. You should have seen how bent the first sprocket I was sent was though. LoL of all the things really?!

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Put some cut nylon circles from a sherbet lid under the gasket on the cap- stops it leaking- never had any other problem-

also gasket sealer on nuts and idle screw on carb stopped leaking there too.

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Don't forget the gas tanks, petcocks, throttles, grips, chain etc; pretty much everything in the china girl kit's are crap. And amazingly they, for the most part, go pretty good!

If I do any more 2 smoke stuff for anyone I'll just buy the motor and cdi and source/make everything else myself!

None of it is confidence inspiring.

In spite of that fact it amazes me to no end that people put these on bikes I wouldn't ride w/o a motor, let alone w/, and get pretty decent reliability out of 'em!

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
The only thing i had a problem with is the gas cap, the tab fell inside the cap and i had to cut the cap in half to get it out then put the cap back together and put the tab back on. Also the cap is hard to find or i would have bought a cap at a local store.

And no i didnt want to order one with high shipping cost or pay $20 for one either.
They should have used a regular cheap lawnmower screw on cap which is available at all hardware stores and also at lowes and stuff.

The rest of the kit can be adjusted or replaced with basic brackets, ecept the carb which also has very weak tabs and tend to break easy.
The throttle can be replaced with a brake lever.

Maxvision

Jun 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
I second the fuel line thing, it's un-usable.
Unusable because it's too thin and won't fit over the nipples? If so, a good hot hair dryer or heat gun will soften the vinyl tube enough that it will stretch over the nipples no problem. No hair dryer or heat gun? A lighter or candle will work too, just don't get it so hot it catchs fire...lol

Ulysys

Apr 25, 2009
Spokane, WA
In my kit, the worst part was easily the rag joint. The rubber discs were cut so badly that is was impossible to get the sprocket centered at the same time it was flat, and tight enough to actually hold that way. So I rode the thing forever with a badly centered sprocket and just lived with the lurching under speed. When I went to put the motor on a different bike, I found a local guy that had extra rag joints from Grubee kits, and I bought some longer bolts. With all that, I was actually able to get the sprocket centered and as level as possible (the sprocket is a little warped), and now there's no more lurching. Needless to say, my next kit will be a Grubee :).