bell bicycle wire.less speedo issues

GoldenMotor.com

kicking

Apr 11, 2010
mississippi
bell bicycle wire.less speedo issues , i got one of these things and put it on my bike .. it works until i get up about 6 mh then it gos in and out .. blank one minute the reading the magnet that spins around the rim the next.. could be me but well .. i might say buyer beware

kicking

Apr 11, 2010
mississippi
its more than likey me dont know... there is no doubt that you know your stuff thanks for reply though /// maby if you or some one gets around the biloxi ms bike show you will see me old gray and fat lol all ways in moped show lol e
I have used the Bell wireless speedo on several builds with no problems yet.

kicking

Apr 11, 2010
mississippi
Re: my bike is not motorized yet but ,, im going to

Re: my bike is not motorized yet but ,, im going to do it because im too old to do so much any more lol i bet if i get this thing right it will be awsome ... i have the pick up and maganent near the rim of my bike ... it gives a reading but it skips in and out ... its closer than 1/8 /// ill take pictures sometime thanks yall !!!!!!!!
Is your killswitch wiring running next to the speedo?

wildemere

Feb 12, 2008
Newcastle
Check the battery, I've had intermittent contacts in the battery case before. Resets when hitting a bump.

Pack the cover with thin cardboard or rubber after bending the connectors up for good contact.

63galaxie

Apr 20, 2010
ky
well i have never used the wireless but i had one of the wired ones from walmart and worked fine but in the process of moving the wire got cut and it wont work now even with new wire, so back to wally world to spend all kindsa cash, but had no problems at all with the wried version till the wire got cut lol only downside to it so far!

Patr1ck

Apr 15, 2010
Tempe, AZ
Make sure that the magnet is at the very corner of the sensor where the writing is, and the battery door on the sensor is facing away from the wheel. Also If you put them down towards the hub so that you can clamp the magnet on 2 spokes at the same time it might be more consistent. Thats what I did. It seems to work pretty good.

Pat

kicking

Apr 11, 2010
mississippi
that might just be it >>>>>magnet on 2 spokes at the same time <<<<< i will try that!! (thank you) >>>>>
Make sure that the magnet is at the very corner of the sensor where the writing is, and the battery door on the sensor is facing away from the wheel. Also If you put them down towards the hub so that you can clamp the magnet on 2 spokes at the same time it might be more consistent. Thats what I did. It seems to work pretty good.

Pat