My 1st Build & lookin' for the right engine

GoldenMotor.com

MM7

Jan 2, 2010
Texas
Hi, I'm new to this forum and was hoping to get a few suggestions about 2 stroke Chinese engines. I have my 1st build ongoing and am at that point where ordering the engine is the last step in getting the parts together.
Whereas I'm not trying to put together a race machine (yet) I would like to get a durable engine for this 1st build. Get my moneys worth. Any one out there have some suggestions? I'm open to just about anything.

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
This is a subject where you can ask 10 people and get 10 different answers. Overall I think the consensus is that there isn't a significant difference between the engine manufacturers so you should concentrate on the reputation of the dealer. I personally like Dax because he will go out of his way to help with reasonable requests and problems. Others will have their own opinions. Good luck!

K.i.p

Nov 8, 2009
CNY
Hello MM7,
I have only purchased one so far but I would also agree. I have spent several months reading, reading, and reading. Some folks have had great luck with the least expensive and some folks have had trouble with the more expensive. Set a budget, do a little reading to get familiar with kit options, and take the plunge. It seems to be nothing more than a roll of the dice. A reputable dealer is the most important thing. A little reading will help you with that decision also. The information is here. Welcome aboard.

Spunout

MB Builder Extraordinaire
Jul 21, 2008
coventry, RI
blog.360.yahoo.com
Hi, I'm new to this forum and was hoping to get a few suggestions about 2 stroke Chinese engines. I have my 1st build ongoing and am at that point where ordering the engine is the last step in getting the parts together.
Whereas I'm not trying to put together a race machine (yet) I would like to get a durable engine for this 1st build. Get my moneys worth. Any one out there have some suggestions? I'm open to just about anything.

welcome.

this should help----> http://motorbicycling.com/f3/find-dealer-review-1730.html

EDIT: alot of prices listed in that thread are from awhile back...most have gone down considerably

and here-----> http://motorbicycling.com/f4/kit-best-1764.html

Last edited: