Would this be possible?

GoldenMotor.com

labtec99

Jun 4, 2008
Hi there, im new to this forum... it looks amazing!! But i have a question - its probably pretty useless and lacking in common sense but dont ask dont get! I am now the legal age to ride a moped, but i would refuse to ride one because of cost. It costs waayyyy to much! But i do have a strimmer in the shed wich doesnt get used anymore. My question is would you be able to fit the engine from that to a mountain bike, and if so how? Its probably a no-goer from the start but im very short of money, need a job and live in an extremly rural area, so need to use things that wont cost money. Any help would be massivley appreciated!

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Welcome to the forum. Lots of motorized bicycle enthusiasts here. Glad you joined us. I guess I don't know what a strimmer is so I can't help much................................

labtec99

Jun 4, 2008
lol sorry but i really dont know how else to describe it... its got a 24cc 2-stroke engine so would be legal thats all i can say really... ill take a picture soon and post it here if that would help?
I have just been looking and the other names for it are 'trimmer' and 'brush cutter'. Hope this helps. Thanks again for any help

Last edited:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
How to power your bike with a whippersnipper motor - Instructables - DIY, How To, ride, tech - Park Tool Bike Month Entry

How To Install A Motor On A Bicycle - Popular Mechanics

I think you are talking about a weedeater? This is all I could find in the short time I have right now. Deacon is the man when it come's to mounting weed eaters. On youtube thier is lot's of video showing how to mount the motor if you search for them. I hope this was some help.

Welcome to the forum :D Glad you could join us :ride2:

labtec99

Jun 4, 2008
thankyou all so much for your help, im going to give this one a go!! If i fix my camera ill take some photos so ya'll can see what ive done. Thanks again very much!!