Hills with a 49cc on Single Speed Bike?

GoldenMotor.com

ACRhinehart

Nov 3, 2009
Athens, GA
Hi everyone!

I'm looking to get an engine kit (SkyHawk 49cc) from Spookytooth this week, as well as a single-speed cruiser. I'm going to try my best to put together my first bike. I hope all goes well!

Does anyone have any experience with putting a 49cc engine on a single speed? I'm wondering whether it can haul my 6'3", 215lb self up a steady inclined hill? Any pros or cons y'all have run into?

I'd love to see pictures! Thanks!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Howdy AC. Just my thunking, but would go with a 80 cc and multi speed bike. Hills really suck almost as much as break downs and "forgot to fill". just me budd

Maxvision

Jun 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
I have a stretch cruiser, single speed, 40cc. I'm 6'2" and 190 lbs. I have no problem with hills in my area and unless you live in San Francisco you shouldn't have a problem either. The only real difficulties I have are stop signs on the way up or coming out of a parking lot in the middle of a hill. If you find yourself bogging down on the way up...pedal assist. Help your engine get up enough rpm that you're near the top of your power curve and it should be easy sailing after that.