Thinking Outside The Box- I mean Frame

GoldenMotor.com

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Some one build a fattie like this and finish out the thread. Heres the inspiration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okr3m3LY9N4
Oh my...
A ~300# man, wearing flip-flops, on a fat tire bike with only a coaster brake...
Another candidate for a Darwin award if he takes it anywhere past his neighborhood unless he rides it slow like the video, and even that is iffy.

Nice engine mount, paint/sticker job though.
For his sake I hope he just keeps it as an art piece.

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Pretty funny KC!

I was amazed the little CG pulled him as well as it did. Sounds like he never got it much over the mid 5k range and it still hauled him!

I agree totally on the brakes and finally concluded I wasn't ditching the rear disc. That meant it needed to be either a shifter or a jackshafted drive to the left side. More trouble than it was worth for me at the moment. I will make it an Ebike some day and have fun when I get back building the Briggs bike and the GT2.

I did like the oddity of the engine mounted out of the frame though.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Holes drilled in the frame,sure hope he used some tube so don't crush or worse ye vibrate to big holes. Nice looking bike BUT.......................Curt

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Pretty funny KC!

I agree totally on the brakes and finally concluded I wasn't ditching the rear disc.
Hehehe, I call 'em like I see 'em and that was really something.

Good call keeping the rear disc.
There is no such thing as too much braking power, only not enough and that is a painful lesson to learn.

As for offsetting an engine that's tough with a 2-stroke but a breeze with a 4-stroke flat base mount.
Heck with 4-strokes I do it all the time but that is another story.

Have fun, be creative, just keep a little safety in mind and you'll be fine ;-}

dchevygod

May 23, 2014
Colorado springs
Hehehe, I call 'em like I see 'em and that was really something.

Good call keeping the rear disc.
There is no such thing as too much braking power, only not enough and that is a painful lesson to learn.
I beg to differ! If you use too much brake at once it can be just as bad as not having enough! I know from experience of flipping sideways and straight up and over, yes road conditions played a big role in those instances. But I had too much braking power and I got myself into trouble.

sbest

Nov 3, 2015
Nova Scotia
I beg to differ! If you use too much brake at once it can be just as bad as not having enough! I know from experience of flipping sideways and straight up and over, yes road conditions played a big role in those instances. But I had too much braking power and I got myself into trouble.
Cheesh!
...Sometimes it's better to keep quiet and have everyone think you are a fool than open your mouth and confirm it...

The lesson you quoted above is generally learned by most people in their first week of owning a bike or age 10, so if these conditions apply to you, I apologize for being harsh.

The instance described is an operator error, too much APPLICATION of rear brake, not too much "braking power" built into the bike.

Now maybe I'll get my morning coffee into me and mellow out...

Steve

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Cheesh!
...Sometimes it's better to keep quiet and have everyone think you are a fool than open your mouth and confirm it...

The lesson you quoted above is generally learned by most people in their first week of owning a bike or age 10, so if these conditions apply to you, I apologize for being harsh.

The instance described is an operator error, too much APPLICATION of rear brake, not too much "braking power" built into the bike.

Now maybe I'll get my morning coffee into me and mellow out...

Steve
Hehehe Steve, thanks for making the point that brakes are not a light switch type All ON or OFF system, you can vary the braking force by need like a light dimmer switch, or throttle, or countless other things.

In short, if you have no clue how to operate variable controls you have no business operating one, and that especially includes automobiles.

I reaffirm 'There is no such as TOO much Braking power', just add that their may be people that be ummm... Challenged to operate them ;-}

Last edited: