Bill's 2000 Whizzer upgrade and restyling project

GoldenMotor.com

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
Yup, the art of improvising!
Dales and the gang are especially good at this.
I hear that racie is too. He's been doing some secret works.

How about you?

Ray

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
I had some time to rework Bills muffler, the wc-1s muffler is very restrictive. The perforated pipe is only about 5/8" round, needs to be at least 1".
Ill use parts from Bills old muffler ends and add the new 1" perforated pipe to make a hi flow muffler. More to come.

Ray

Attachments

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I had some time to rework Bills muffler, the wc-1s muffler is very restrictive. The perforated pipe is only about 5/8" round, needs to be at least 1".
Ill use parts from Bills old muffler ends and add the new 1" perforated pipe to make a hi flow muffler. More to come.

Ray
That should help it breathe better!
SB

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
I got the parts back from the heat coating shop. Cylinder,head,valves, and piston.
The piston has 2 types of coating, (thermal barrier) this helps to manage the excess heat.
And a (dry film lubricant) on the piston skirt, helps in reducing friction.

Valves got tops and bottoms done with thermal barrier. So did the cylinder intake and exhaust ports.

The combustion chamber is also done with thermal barrier, helps to manage excess heat.

Ray

Attachments

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
Wow Ray! I've got to pick up my game to keep up with you.....that's some very impressive work.

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
A little more info about the heat coating, while the thermal barrier coating helps with the temps the motor will experience improved combustion and performance as a result of heat being reflected back into the fuel charge.

Ray

Attachments

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Bill stopped by today after Donut Derelicts and brought a seat and pedals he got at the LB Cycle Swap Sunday. The pedals are new but the seat needs some work. He also dropped off the tires, tubes and liners he got from Team Bike.
We're upgrading the stock front drum brake with a larger moped unit. Had to open up the forks to accommodate the larger 11mm axle and took a couple of thousandths out of the speedo drive. Bill's going to weld a nub onto the lower left fork leg to retain the brake plate.

Here's a view of what's inside the forks. A spring, slider bushing, spacer, seal, snap ring, dust seal and fork tube.

And this is the new slider bushing Dan made to replace the shorter one. It will drop the front end 1 inch. We were going to just make a 1 inch spacer to add, but there are some oil holes under it and we didn't want the bushing to starve for lube.

Bill also took the fenders and tank home to strip for painting.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
LOL never seems to end always turning good stuff for the better. All the home made tools and then to have it all coated......AWESOME................Curt

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Well, it's all in the details that make your bike stand out from others. I secured the speedo drive to the new moped hub by removing the long bent over tabs with a couple of 6-32 screws tapped directly into the hub.

I also reshaped the squared off openings in the rear fender for the belt into a more refined and pleasing contour.

Bill stripped the paint from the fenders and tank. Almost ready to re-paint. I have heavy spokes on order and will get the wheels painted and laced shortly. Working on the seat mount next and have a couple of ideas to try.