finally building my rat

GoldenMotor.com

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Looking nice'n ratty, for sure. A jockey shift would add to the look, but a twist shifter on the left is more functional/fun and low profile. Depends how soon you want to start tearing around on her, eh? :) It is nice to have a beater bike where you don't have to worry about scratching the paint :p

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
I'm thinking Jockey shift this morn , but that could still change.
lol I scratched it twice already ....as if you could tell !
Gary

lksdG2

Sep 30, 2012
san diego
i would go redonkulous jockey shift on this build, it its was a bare bones nothing but whats absolutely mecessary i would do the twist

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
Jockey shift is comming after pennsylvania gives me the a ok , kinda bummin , but I had to check the legislatin.....sooo after they say your good its GAME ON !
Gary

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
thanks SB, now I am craving warmer temps .
You & me, both, brother. We had a longer than normal fall here in northeastern Minnesota, but the ax of winter has fallen. "Thud". Half a foot of new snow and temps at night just above zero, gray sky and just five more months of winter ahead. If I were a real bear I'd take a **** of a nap and wake up in April to see the snow melt. It's a long time to wait for bike riding weather. So as I hibernate I watch others build their bikes, like your mighty fine rat, and dream about building my own. Sigh.
SB

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
wow when it turns cold here I always want snow that we never seem to get , we do get cold as fricking hall with rain or I want at least 50 an some sun no inbetweens .
SB I bet you could throw down a mighty fine ride by summer time if ya set your mind to it .
thanks its a rat for sure. I WANT TO RIDE IT , my youngest says what you gonna call it , I reply , I havent riden it enough for it to show me a personality of sorts , when I see that it will get its name ,kinda like my razorblade . his reply oh the chopper . then he says , "so dad do I get to ride the chopper more now ? "