New Recumbent Build

GoldenMotor.com

Elmo

Sep 3, 2009
Mississippi
]have started on the seat brace clamp. Used a piece of tubing with an id the same as the od of the aluminum rod that will be the back brace. Used 4 barrel nuts and ground a concave on one side of each one. Blazed the nuts to the tube. Now have to split the clamp lengthwise and braze to the seat rail.
Elmo
image.jpg

Last edited:

Elmo

Sep 3, 2009
Mississippi
And one more clamp.
image.jpg
Made these from 1"X1" aluminum bar stock.
Elmo
Can anyone tell me why I can only have one attachment per post?

Last edited:

Elmo

Sep 3, 2009
Mississippi
Thanks SB. I have to order some phifertex mesh fabric in royal blue and get my brother the part time upholsterer to sew up the seat fabric. I add grommets along the sides and lace it on with nylon (small) rope. This smooths out the bumps very well. I found a picture on the web that gives me some ideas for the paint job.
Elmo

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
A comfortable seat for cruising is a big deal, I think. More so as we get older. Looks like yours would be comfy enough to nap in... or do a little fishing at the end of a dock... (lock the brakes) ha!
SB

Elmo

Sep 3, 2009
Mississippi
A comfortable seat for cruising is a big deal, I think. More so as we get older. Looks like yours would be comfy enough to nap in... or do a little fishing at the end of a dock... (lock the brakes) ha!
SB
I have put in some 50 mile rides on my pedal bike only thing that hurt a little was my legs!
Elmo

Elmo

Sep 3, 2009
Mississippi
I made the front motor mount today. I have a 3/8" plate mounted to the engine bottom and it will be bolted to this mount. image.jpg

Elmo

Sep 3, 2009
Mississippi
I built the rear motor mount today and mounted the engine. What do you know they fit like a glove. I bolted the blocks together and step drilled from 1/8" to 7/8" and used an adjustable reamer for final fit. The tubing was about .010 larger than 7/8". The reamer was for the kingpin bushings on my 1954 F100 pickup. Now I have to mount a gas tank, rig up an exhaust and get the jack shaft lined up. Then I can see how it shifts gears! It will be nice to have seven choices for gears. The low gear ought to climb a tree if I could get traction. My cassette has a 34 tooth low cog.
Elmo

image.jpg