any thoughts

GoldenMotor.com

dob1385

Sep 9, 2015
new mexico
ok, so im upgrading my engine. Im running an engine from jakebike with a zl rank rod and a skyhawk(type b) piston. the egine runs great and i love it. I am planning on puting a dax balanced bottom end with an arrow big block and carb combo. any thoughts?

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver, British Columbia
I'm just a chimp but if I had a good running engine I would be looking at a nice expansion chamber and a bigger carb for upgrading rather than replacing everything. That would only cost about one third of the upgrades you are looking at.

just a thought

dob1385

Sep 9, 2015
new mexico
the combo from arrow comes with a keihin carb. Im thinking of puting a sbp expansion chamber with it. eventually Ill get a new cylinder (i stripped the intake bolts) for my old engine and use it on a different bike. I thank you for your reply.

dob1385

Sep 9, 2015
new mexico
I should have all the parts on the way exept bottom end. Im also going to try and have the local bike shop guys get me a front disk brake wheel ( i have the brake but not a compatable wheel), and see about upgrading the bearings and wheel inner parts.

Im hoping this will kick pretty good and be fairly reliable. Its my first expirement with a x chamber and reed setup. Oh I also got a 7cc fred head from cr machine.