New Whizzer owner.

GoldenMotor.com

MrTzWhizzer

Jul 26, 2014
Illinois
Hello All! Last fall I purchased a 99 Whizzer from a friend who is into restoring old Chevy's. The bike ,originally from Florida,sat in the back of his garage untouched for some time before I purchased it. At one point he replaced the carb and purchased new tires. The speedo showed about 300 miles at that time.
I started toying with it this spring fixing the odds and dysfunctional ends and it seemed to be running well. On short trips(under five miles) all seemed great but on longer trips I had problems.Along with dumping most of it's oil, if the bike sat for a length of time when hot it would be a bear to start and if it did start it would die intermittently while ridding. The next day all would seem fine.
After being stranded several time I decided that something need to be done. So last week I purchased a new motor. I'm now in the process of installing it.
www.ebay.com/itm/ENGINE-that-will-fit-a-New-Whizzer/251595211848?
That's the back story.....
Anybody know anything about the motor I purchased?
I am stumped as to the correct way to run the vent lines? (one on the tappet cover and one on the crankcase) Can they be tied (T'ed) together or should the be separate?
Anyone have any advice on oil and the correct way to brake in this motor?

Thanks, Any and all info is appreciated :)

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
To start off I know nothing about that engine, as for the vent tubes if they are to relieve crankcase pressure they should vent to the atmosphere. That engine should really haul with the large cc's.

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
Pic #5 shows flywheel with a arrow, rotation going clockwise?
Oil is really something that needs to be talk about,or the lack of what's in it.

Ray