Old Schwinn 5-speed, first build!

GoldenMotor.com

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Welcome to the forum, it looks like you've done a good job on your bike. I know we keep saying this over and over but keep an eye on the fenders, due to vibration sometimes the mounts break or the fenders themselves develop stress cracks. A couple of the more seasoned members here have had crashes from fender problems. Enjoy the ride!

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Nice ride and ditto on the fenders! Looks like you have the perfect setup for the SBP shift kit in the future. The seat is saweeeet!!!

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. I think an older beach cruiser like yours is the best way to go if you can find one in your area.

KeldarPolonius

Sep 2, 2014
Idaho
Thanks guys! I read a lot on here about fender problems before and during my build. I replaced the thin metal mounting tabs with heavy duty corner braces and put mending braces on both sides of the fender at weak points (like where it mounts to the frame behind the crank. I also replaced the hardware with heavier stuff. Keeping an especially close eye on them, but after the first few rides, I think they'll hold up