Vintage V-Twin Engine Build

GoldenMotor.com

Tom TG

Dec 10, 2012
Oklahoma
I got the some more work done on the cylinder heads. I need to build the valve train before I cut the fins.

Tom TG

Dec 10, 2012
Oklahoma
I have made some progress on the valve train the parts still need some finish work. Here are some pictures.

Tom TG

Dec 10, 2012
Oklahoma
Truckd I will video first start and many more when I get there.
I have been working on the heads ,fin lay out and cutting them its hard to make that first cut because there is no turning back if I don't like the way it looks I have to start from scratch and make another head, so I put a felt tip pin in the spindle and laid it out first. Here are some pictures.

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
This is soooo cool...to be able to do all of this is crazy. It makes my head hurt just looking at all the complicated and precise work. Great stiff thanks again. For sharing!!!

Tom TG

Dec 10, 2012
Oklahoma
Thanks guys.
Truckd nice link.
I got the heads deburred and polished and made the push rods and clevises .
I think I like it.

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
I'd hoped you had or could access a good rotary table for the vertical fin cuts. Nicely done, along with the attractive machining of the valve train. Turning out to be a beautiful piece of period work.

hsvmick

Mar 23, 2011
hobart tasmania australia
g'day Tom,
your work is amazing to see,it sure going to be nice to see your single engine/bike together with this v/twin engine and the design of the bike you going to put this in cant wait to see this.
you sure machined a master piece again well done to you,have you the bike plan's to sit the vtwin in as yet