ebay 48v 15ah battery?

GoldenMotor.com

AssembleThis

May 11, 2014
NC United States
Hi cannonball2!

Really sending Lipo batteries on planes? Wow big mistake, they are known to explode and catch fire. Have you contacted that seller explaining things? Maybe the seller doesn't understand the danger.

Dave
AssembleThis

xct2

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
I am sure they were aware but its what it took to conduct business. There was a way to send them I believe at the time with a hazmat charge. That almost doubled the cost of the product. To send them surface would have taken so long that international buyers would not purchase. So they just put them in a box and sent them as whatever non-hazmat R/C part they wanted. I don't remember seeing even a customs declaration. Things should be better now as most of these sellers have USA warehouses, and the batteries ship via ground.

Still bet the ones shipped from suppliers shipping directly across the Pacific are riding at 38,000 ft.

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
I just ordered this battery for a backup on my GB 4 vector. I figure if it works ok its a really good price.
https://www.espow.com/48v-10ah-1865...-electric-bike-silver-fish-style.html#service
Let us know how that turns out. I wouldn't be surprised if you never get it and I wouldn't expect much if you do. But you never know it might be a good deal. I am probably going to go with BMS BATTERY.COM for my next battery. My 48v16ah I got from conhis motors is still working good but the one just like it I got off ebay died on the guy I sold it to. The main thing is to make sure it can handle the amount of cont. current required because if not it will die quick because most people only know one speed - WOT

toker_ace

Oct 15, 2008
alabama
It seems to work great. My first run I got 14.8 miles which is about the same as my lipo 4 battery. Only time will tell.

toker_ace

Oct 15, 2008
alabama
Here is a picture with my GM lipo4 on the rear and my silver fish oin the frame. I made a handmade cover for it that serves its purpose. I need a three way switch so I can change from one battery to the other. Help from you guys please.

Attachments

Last edited:

Barnfresh

Sep 5, 2011
Nor-Cal
That's an amazing price for that battery, great find Ace please tell more. How much was shipping? How long did it take to get? Did you get the up or down port and did it come with a rail mount or any type of power receiver plug? Thanks in advance ~BF

toker_ace

Oct 15, 2008
alabama
More info on the battery. The total cost with shipping was $235.00 It took about 10 days to get. It comes with a mounting strip and charger. It did not come with a plug to go from the battery to the bike. I opened the case and bypassed the plug. It appears to be good quality. I can tell a little less torque than my Golden Bike lipo4 battery but not much. I have both batteries on my bike and alternate the batteries. I am thinking of buying another one for an ebay kit to go on a cruiser.

barnstorm100

Nov 8, 2014
Sacramento, CA
I got one of the eBay cheap 48v 1000w kit.
Is this the battery I want?
Thanks for the help. Ok, new phone and don't know how to cut and paste.
please what battery do I want I'm thinking 2ah?

robbyheansen

Dec 22, 2014
China
Hey, Barnstorm100

You can try our lithium battery pack(electric-batteries.com)
We can customized for you, I think the battery of 48V,20Ah is meet your motor

chained

Nov 9, 2014
United States
thanks for the link toker.

I should be receiving my 1000w 48v kit today. Going to use SLA batteries for now, but will order that battery soon.

robbyheansen

Dec 22, 2014
China
I have a customer who buy 3pcs 48V,30Ah battery from us, and asking me to buy 3 1000w kits for him. How much you spend for the 1000w kit?