New Build...Street Fighter style...

GoldenMotor.com

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
I've always been intrigued by the street fighter style motorcycles. They just look tough and mean! This is my inspiration for my new build.

I will be using the Grubee in tank frame. Power plant will be HF 79cc with AGK intake manifold, mikuni style carb, velocity stack, 18lb springs, and custom exhaust.

Hydraulic disc brakes in the front and mechanical disc brake in the rear. I'm still in the process of figuring out my drive sprocket.

Paint will be a burnt bronze, high temp engine paint covered in a high temp engine clear. Also have some black accents.

For those of you wondering what happened to my last build, it was great while it lasted. I should've paid more attention to some of the things I did. I spent a lot of time making new rear horizontal dropouts. Had them welded. Everything looked gravy! I'm thankful that I always walk and check my bike before I ride it. The pedal side chain stay where the new dropout was welded was bent and cracked. Oh well....a learning experience....kind of sad though after all the work I put into it

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
I had some time at work today so I hooped on the mill and made a bracket for an idler sprocket. It's just like the one I have from Sportsman, but I needed an aluminum one. Made up a lil jig so everything is straight....

image.jpg

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
Cleaned up my flywheel, set the air gap, installed new, upgraded 18lb. valve springs, set valve lash, and cut off every other fin on the cooling fan. Set spark plug gap as well.

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
I'm gonna mount the engine vertical. So, last night I made a wood template of the engine mount and used some exhaust clamps I had lying around to mock it up. I believe it is going to work. This was just a rough mock up, but once I fine tune everything...I will transfer the wood template to aluminum plate and will be using billet buggy clamps.

20140623_202304.jpg

20140623_202339.jpg

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Wow! That's looking realy good. Yep wood first a lot cheeper the aluminum to make mistakes in ............Curt

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I'm gonna mount the engine vertical. So, last night I made a wood template of the engine mount and used some exhaust clamps I had lying around to mock it up. I believe it is going to work. This was just a rough mock up, but once I fine tune everything...I will transfer the wood template to aluminum plate and will be using billet buggy clamps.

View attachment 71012

View attachment 71013
Gonna be a nice-un.... keep up the good work.

Map

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
I have decided against painting the bike myself. I realized yesterday how much I hate painting. I painted my bike stand and came to the realization I do not have the patience needed to obtain a quality paint job. Lol! I guy at work is going to buy my RC car, so....that money will pay for powder coating.....YAY!

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
Also, got my 6061 aluminum plate yesterday. Today I am going to try out our new mill here at work and get the motor mount plate completed.

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
My build hit a snag.....I need a 56t drive sprocket that will fit a top hat adapter and a 41 chain! I bought a 54t for a top hat adapter but it doesn't fit a 41 chain. That's my fault for not asking......

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
No...you're not blind. I did remove one. I will be running a rear disc brake. I kept the one because I will be running my exhaust that way and will use it has a bracket to brace the exhaust....or at least that's my plan. Lol