A marvellous old photo.

GoldenMotor.com

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
A picture was a big deal. You had to wear your sunday duds. IWW thanks for this and other great phots you have posted.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Have you ever seen some of the Tri-Cycle by Columbia and Ivers Johnson they were just little bicycles, buggies ( for the wealthy were the same ) a nice Buggy cost as much as a Bicycle WOW!

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
I love the pic of the bike shop, IWW. I was thinking about past summers and got wistful, and could actually feel the goings on in the old photo. My little shed out back of my house gets nearly that busy in summertime when the local kids (and even one or two adults now) bring their bikes by for a spring tune-up and later for adjustments of all sorts. I can't bring myself to charge for it; they're all about as poor as I am.
But I look at pics like that and realize what an anachronism I am. I imagine that, despite inherent hardships, I'd be happier living about a hundred years earlier than I am now.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Here is a photo I found somewhere ? but when I click onto it for magnification I was able to see a lot of stuff shelf's at the left stock with Old Sol carbide lamps, back shelf's loaded with white tires, calendar Dec 1919, bird cage at the top of the stairs (back in the old days of gas lamps birds were necessary to detect gas leaks if they died) Hawthorne bikes.
cool photo to go with I.W.'s

Attachments