Best Carburetor For 66/80cc 2-Stroke

GoldenMotor.com

Maskot

Apr 22, 2011
Wellington, FL
$100 max and any advice on getting the old girl to 40 with it.

Any other general recommendations are appreciated, I do have the proper equipment to run the bike that fast.

xct2

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com

Any other general recommendations are appreciated, I do have the proper equipment to run the bike that fast.
Seriously, how can you get the right advice if we don't know what you are running now?
A Carb by itself will do little to nothing to make your bike? faster.

A good expansion chamber, some cylinder porting and a higher compression head with a correct squish band along with gearing changes will hit 40 easily.

What Carb do you have now?

Maskot

Apr 22, 2011
Wellington, FL
Seriously, how can you get the right advice if we don't know what you are running now?
A Carb by itself will do little to nothing to make your bike? faster.

A good expansion chamber, some cylinder porting and a higher compression head with a correct squish band along with gearing changes will hit 40 easily.

What Carb do you have now?
I asked a question, you did not answer it, I should have also stated the one I currently have broke at the mount, now either give some good advice that I don't already know, or delete your account.

Maskot

Apr 22, 2011
Wellington, FL
You funny. I like that delete my account line :D

Do you have the stock muffler and 44 tooth sprocket as well as a broken carb ?
I'm working on a street racing muffler with expansion chamber, I have a 44 tooth sprocket on a certified heavy duty wheel hub and spokes. And a CNS v.3 broken carb, which has been the nightmare of my life.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
The nt is a good start, I have read many members talk about getting good speed from the nt when the engine is tuned correctly. I run the nt on one of my bikes and it works well.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Stock nt carb, tuned pipe and smaller rear sprocket. I run a 36 tooth.

You did not give us much to go on that first post and it's harder to help if we don't know what you are running.

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
i can run close to 40 mph on a 44 t rear but only at high rpms for short bursts, the way to get there is a good port and polish, high comp... decking the jug and head and using a head with a good squish, a tunned pipe or strait pipe tunned length for the rpm your running at, and a well tunned carb.

the cns carb is an awsome carb if you tune it right, i am running the cns v1 and its awsome !

the easy way to go faster is to change gearing it can make all the differance in the world ! just going from a 44 to a 36 will make you feel a differance, the only reason i keep the 44 is cause i love the torque and i can go faster with more rpms at the cost of motor life

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
Ive been running a zama pulse carb with a custom built intake. Ripping wheelies w a 42t sprocket.. if you want more info pm me...

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Oh please! Give the man an answer!

Order an NT carburetor, install it and go ride your bike and enjoy it. The NT is by far the best all-round carb for a stock, unmodified Chinese 2 stroke motorized bicycle engine.
If you want to race be prepared to spend some money. If you want to keep up with traffic, go buy a motorcycle. If you want to enjoy your bike install a carburetor that will give you all the performance you can expect from a stock 66cc engine.

Tom

Reactions: Bikeguy Joe

sublunacy

Sep 12, 2013
ontario
Cant jet an engine correct till everything else is finished and correct.

the nt carb comes stock on my gamefisher 3hp and it rips hard from idle to redline. i had my 48cc do the same.
there lots of choices so use what is easiest for YOU please. money wont bring you joy on its own/ just an empty bank account plus the fact that anything more than sandpaper is pipedream unless u know what your doing and have the labour/ skill to back up your ego. no offense please

.duh.

Last edited:

Tai The Guy

May 2, 2017
Sacramento, Ca
Of course, so many ppl are recommending the stock nt carb, because so many ppl have never tried anything else. A delorto Sha, or keihin clone will absolutely add to your hp/torque. So much so, that alotta veteran builders would argue that a good valve/carb is right up there with a good mz65 type pipe, as 1 of the best upgrades you can make.
Really only a few basic things you can enhance - intake, exhaust, efficiency, gearing, and... friction I guess (like weight/chain/tires/bearings etc).
Carb is responsible for the entire air/fuel intake. Stock nt is NOT king
ENGJL-DIOKIT-detail-2019__38111.1554935138.jpg

user53399

Oct 10, 2019

xct2
66cc - 22mm
80cc - 24mm
Find Graham Bell book to learn how port.
Try to find a good exhaust builder.