Choosing bicycle frame

GoldenMotor.com

brieben

Sep 17, 2013
Little Rock, AR
Disclaimer: I am completely new to this hobby and will probably ask a lot of stupid questions

I just ordered a black jet 80/66cc standard angel fire bicycle motor kit. I have not yet chosen an actual bicycle to mount it on. I would like to eventually get a SBP shift kit once I learn more about the hobby and break in the engine. So my question is what bicycle would you guys recommend for this engine that would be compatible with the shift kit? I don't want to spend more than $250 on the bicycle itself. ANY advice would be appreciated because like I said, I'm an incompetent noob.

Thanks!

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
If you are looking for a cruiser ? at a good price I'd go for the Micargi Huntington Beach Cruiser QUALITY! QUALITY!
www.bikebuyers.com
If you are looking for something like a diamond framed comfort cruiser Grand Royale Union Flyer single spd QUALITY! QUALITY! QUAILITY! beyond what you will pay 700x38c Shimano cbe110 rear hub, 12 gauge SS spokes, solid crank (check out my thread "Black Jack" under board track and vintage bikes to see how far you can take this bike)
www.nashbar.com
2 very HIGH QUALITY bikes at affordable price's check em out

Scott.D.Lang

Jan 1, 2013
Chicago
Disclaimer: I am completely new to this hobby and will probably ask a lot of stupid questions

I just ordered a black jet 80/66cc standard angel fire bicycle motor kit. I have not yet chosen an actual bicycle to mount it on. I would like to eventually get a SBP shift kit once I learn more about the hobby and break in the engine. So my question is what bicycle would you guys recommend for this engine that would be compatible with the shift kit? I don't want to spend more than $250 on the bicycle itself. ANY advice would be appreciated because like I said, I'm an incompetent noob.

Thanks!
as far as what bike to mount it to well there is a lot to be thought about but the biggest thing IMHO is what style do you like. with 250 to spend on a bike itself Id check out CL and find a multi speed bike that I liked the style of if I was you. that said remember you will always want to do more and upgrade things on your bike that is one good thing about this hobby most parts are cheap.

Jim C

Jul 11, 2010
Long Beach Calif
I have a Phat Sea Breeze 1 I bought with the idea of putting a electric hub motor in. I wound up putting the motor in my girlfriends Schwinn 3 wheeler. I pedal a Electra Townie 3i and motor ride a Onyx 29er with a 49 cc 4 stroke. I have to say that this Phat is a really nice bike, strong, comfortable all steel. It is so nice and so good looking I almost don't want to put a motor in it. I am still enjoying it as a beach cruiser.