weed eater bike starting problems

GoldenMotor.com

BigBlue

Nov 29, 2011
California
it starts but sounds like it bog down and when i give it gas is dies out. Any suggestions
How about a little information: engine make and model, what you've done to service, is it new, used, did it run before, when is the last time you changed the plug, plug gap, when did you clean the air filter, did you clean the carburetor, fresh fuel mixture, fuel been sitting, fuel to oil ratio, etc.

Chris
AKA: BigBlue

kidgambit

May 2, 2012
washington
its a craftmen. I changed the spark plus and changed fuel lines and idk if it ran before. the air filter was clean and clean the carb and frest fuel

BigBlue

Nov 29, 2011
California
I don't know what kind of carburetor you have, but if it is a diaphragm type, it may need to be taken apart and cleaned since there is a small screen filter that maybe clogged. There are YouTube videos showing you how to take apart and put back together. Metering lever may need to be adjusted. May have to buy a rebuild kit. It is a possibility the muffler maybe clogged and need cleaning.

Try some SeaFoam in your fuel to see if that will help.

Good Luck,

Chris

kidgambit

May 2, 2012
washington
Its a walbro carb. I clean the screen u talking about. Well i got it running for 20 secs and then bogs down and dies. I also had to replace the ignition coil. I got another engine and might swap out. I know this new motor starts.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
If it starts and runs the coil is good,the problum is in the fuel. Are you useing regular or high test? One should always run non oxenated fuel in small engines. It seems to be not getting enough fuel after starting..........Curt

BigBlue

Nov 29, 2011
California
Try running without the muffler and see what happens. But don't run it too long. If it is a 2 stroke, it may be plugged with oil.

Good Luck,

Chris

kidgambit

May 2, 2012
washington
i am using the engine that didnt run as a part engine. now i got a 32cc engine.i have it mounted to a 16 in bike. it ran before i mounted it. is it the the bike or the engine

BigBlue

Nov 29, 2011
California
Well,

You never did give all the details of the engine. What is it? A craftsman 2 stroke or 4 stroke? Give us some pictures of it mounted. Are you using the original gas tank or did you install a different tank? Try running it without the fuel cap.

It doesn't help to give us bits and pieces of information. If you had stated earlier that it ran before you mounted the engine, you would have saved some time. In the future, give as much information about your problem as possible and be specific.

Good Luck,

Chris

kidgambit

May 2, 2012
washington
there both craftmen 2 stroke engines. ones a 26cc and the new one i got is a 32 cc. is it true i have to use a bigger bike for a bigger cc engine