The Schwinn Riverside with 79cc predator

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
YVW BB. I am sure I have seen em some where. I think I even asked the same question.

I have a Worksman front wheel and wanted to do the same thing because my HF 79cc was ruff and destroyed my cheap rear wheels. I ended up just getting a higher end rear wheel and the rag joint worked fine.

Bill, great link. They have some cool stuff. Thanks for posting. I saved it.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
BB, sorry no, have not measured it.

The 79cc really is ruff on the inexpensive rear wheel that comes with the bike but a still fairly low end ($) rear wheel has worked fine for me with a rag joint.

Just a thought. I know, there is nothing so permanent as that, that is done "just for now" but could get your build up an' running.

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
If you can't find one that suits your needs, how come you just get one built?
All of my rear rims are pretty much built up with the intension of being used on a motorized bicycle.

Its a little pricey at first, but I rather make the initial investing that keep spending time and money on a cheaper wheel.
You can have a multi speed hub with disk brakes mount(to mount a sprocket) laced to a nice alloy double wall rim or a steel rim with 12g spokes.

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
Do you really need all seven? You can tune a derailleur down to only six gears by using the the two high/low adjusting screws. I've tuned one down to only use the 4 higher gears cause the other to we're wore out and skipping all the time

You can also check out agk, they sell sprockets
http://www.affordablegokarts.com/mm...Product_Code=5321**&Category_Code=MTRBK+PARTS

I know he doesn't answer emails, but if you order Kings standard motorized bicycle sprocket, It comes with the standard 9 hole mount sprockets and the 6 iso holes to fit on disk hubs

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
There is lots of tutorials on YouTube on how to do it.

From what I seen, the screws are labeled, one with h next to it for high gears and one with L for low gears, And it determines how far the derailleur travels

For my bike I just kept turning low gear screw in untill the derailleur could no longer shift to the lower two gears

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
it arrived!
12. laid back bicycle seat post w/support steel 25.4mm bmx cruiser lowrider fixie
e-bay seller cruisinthelowlife (8949) $14.98
I have bent 3 of those cheap thin posts and I only weigh 175 lbs.

They bend like pretzels right below the angled brace.

Take a piece of 7/8" OD thick walled pipe and hammer it into the
seat post so it won't bend.

The brace sticks into the seat tube so cut a notch into the pipe
to go past the brace a bit inside the seat tube.

There are much better heavy duty set back seat posts sold here,
some of them made by members of this forum.

TheOtherChris

Apr 1, 2012
SE Idaho

My HT Riverside has a laid back seat post. I made it from solid bar stock. I weigh well over 200 and it has never even thought of bending. Do you happen to have a small machine shop in the area?

Last edited: