My 79cc build- Felt Yellow Jacket

GoldenMotor.com

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
So finally got all the parts and time to get this beast running. So glad im in spring break.
F-uped my gear ratio calculations so my gearing is a bit tall, but once it gets going i can feel the power xct2

Im at like 9.77:1 ratio, need more like a 10.7-11.5... ordered a 26 and 28 tooth sprockets for the jack shaft... plus my frame wont clear a bigger rear sprocket

also got a mig welder so im gonna be doing my own exhaust and intake hopefully... just need to change my 220 volt wall plug to a 3 pin set up in my garage.

Here is some pics before i went on a short break in run to my friends house, its a lil smoky but i think some 2 stroke oil got mixed in lol

found a use for my cans when im done with them lol, still waiting on my catch canxct2

Attachments

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
Yes it's really loud! Hurts my ears when I'm riding around lol

And thanks for the tip Aleman, i had some in my garage just had trouble finding were I left em.
I added them the other day when I was changing my sprocket on my jack shaft... Makes chain adjustment cake walk.

Swapped the 22t sprocket on the j shaft for a 26t... Take off is still a bit slow but I like how the bike cruises and still keeping the engine at a resonable rpms

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
Im still working out some minor details. Installed an actual catch can. Sawpped out the jackshaft gearing a bit. Tuned my carb, lot better pull now. and got a much more comfy seat. I have been talking with dean from pipeline manufacturing to see if he can make me a pipe... gonna take it over to him tomm see if i can get it done. Its been running great though, big difference over my 49cc bike.

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
UPDATE:
Still trying to get my welder set up, but thanks to the guys down at pipeline they were able to make me a pipe and intake that i desperately needed.
My bike is that much closer to being finished...been riding it around to much that i don't have much time to work on it.

So far i have like 21 hours run time on it with no major issues.

Attachments

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
Its a norman cheetah clutch, its a pretty good clutch so far.
Its a 3/4 bore but im using a spacer, i found the spacer on ebay.
I saw agk has similar clutches with a 5/8 bore.
Looks like you got a nice bike also, what kinda of motor are you using? kinda hard to tell from the pic.

headtrama

Jul 8, 2010
california
So finally got all the parts and time to get this beast running. So glad im in spring break.
F-uped my gear ratio calculations so my gearing is a bit tall, but once it gets going i can feel the power xct2

Im at like 9.77:1 ratio, need more like a 10.7-11.5... ordered a 26 and 28 tooth sprockets for the jack shaft... plus my frame wont clear a bigger rear sprocket

also got a mig welder so im gonna be doing my own exhaust and intake hopefully... just need to change my 220 volt wall plug to a 3 pin set up in my garage.

Here is some pics before i went on a short break in run to my friends house, its a lil smoky but i think some 2 stroke oil got mixed in lol

found a use for my cans when im done with them lol, still waiting on my catch canxct2
what tires are those

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
SO i had some problems with with the build.

I had to add a muffler cause the cops said it was to loud, but it actually runs better with some good back pressure

Also the Main shaft that i had to re-tap slightly, stripped on me while i was riding back from work...

It was running like beast, but the bolt that held the clutch in pulled out causing the clutch to slide over and push the key out place, leaving me stranded.

Tried a new longer bolt today and took her for a short ride, but only time will tell if it will hold.

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
Ive been getting my hands dirty with all types of motorized bicycles to see which one i like the best, 2 stroke kits, 4 stroke kits, Morini, non kit four stroke. So far i seem to be stuck between my morini and my predator. My yellow bike is clean and dependable, but the mornini just has the power thats hard to beat.

Yea i knew my bike was a lil on the loud side, but i got a cigar style screw on muffler attached now, runs a lot better with it actually better accel... but if i wanna be loud again i have a choice haha...

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
Some updates on the build, saw a chance on eBay for a 99cc for a decent deal and pulled the trigger on it.
Swapped engine the other and day and man what a diffrence... It runs exactly how I want it to now.

I though the diffrence was not going to be as significant as it was, but I also think that there is something wrong with my 79cc engine

Well I guess its now "My 99cc build- Felt Yellow Jacket" lol

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
Thanks man.
Any builds in your near future?

This is probably gonna be my last build for a while, I put some money into this build so that I can have a solid platform for future engines. Run em and toss em, there cheap enough.

My only future plans is moving up to 120cc or 160cc, I saw a 120cc on fleabay for like $140
I also plan on upgrading to 203mm floating front disk break and maybe better calipers