Be Careful Out There

GoldenMotor.com

Buzzard

Jul 9, 2008
Lincoln, NE
We've had 2 serious bicycle accidents here in the last few days in Star City. They were both coaches at UNL. One was hit behind by a car, it messed him up pretty good, the car driver did get arrested. The other was more serious, he hit some pot holes in the dark going to work and going down hill. He ran off the road, over the sidewalk and into a tree. He is paralyzed from his chest down. He also trains gymnasts at his own gym and says he'll be walking again soon. Drs. don't think he will ever walk again.
I feel pretty lucky that I just broke an elbow.
buzzard

:-||

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
And how is that elbow doing, Larry?
You know us grey beards don'y heal like we used to. Safety is certainly something to keep in mind when riding. Accidents can happen so fast that you don't have time to prepare for them.
I took a fall recently, albeit a gentle one. A strong gust of wind blew me and my chopper off of a trail into soft dirt. The fork twisted and me and the bike went down. No injury if you don't count my pride but my horn gouged my Captain America fuel tank paint job.

Let us know how you're healing.

Tom

Buzzard

Jul 9, 2008
Lincoln, NE
Tom,
Went to Dr. Monday, xrays looked good he said, still looks like a spoon handle screwed to my elbow to me. They readjusted the angle on the bionic arm and I don't have to sleep in it any more. LadyG was getting tired of being battered in the head at night.
Gotta wear it for another month like this at work, we'll see after that. I'm still on light duty keeping tabs on the detainees. I sneak in a little work now and then, but not any thing heavy. I do good to lift a glass of tea.
Sorrry to read of your fuel tank mishap, hope you can get it redone. The stiletto chopper has kind of been put on hold but I did pick up a 2gal bobber tank that mounts low on the top bar and looks like it belongs there, I also have a Phat springer front end for it, they're all C&C machine. Hard to find. I'll have to do some modifications on the head tube, mine is 1 1/8" and its 1". Whie I was convalescing I got back into one of my old hobbies. Flight Simulation with a joy stick and rudder pedals. Those WWI airplanes are a ball to fly.
Larry & LadyG