burn out

GoldenMotor.com

nightcruiser

Mar 25, 2011
USA
I actually did ask, and they didn't have any single wires. The guy looked all over. It was a bit frustrating. But I'm happy to have extras!
OK, can't knock you for trying. I guess either the guy working didn't know what the he11 he was doing, or that was a pretty poor auto parts store. We have SO many auto parts stores around me, I got my single wire from an O'riely Auto Parts (used to be Murray's). They are a national chain.

nightcruiser

Mar 25, 2011
USA
The closest auto parts store is Advance Auto Parts. They have THE worst service in the world, but they are close and pretty cheap. You literally have to go in knowing the part number and serial code.
I feel for you, having limited access to good resources sucks. We must have a dozen auto parts stores in town, I haven't counted but I don't think that is an exaggeration. I have a couple favorites that I usually go to, mainly because the guys working in those stores know what they are doing and have been helpful to me in the past.
At any rate, you got plenty of wires now! But before you go cutting into one of the wires you bought you should make sure they have the same outer diameter as your original wire, in case you need to return/exchange them, don't want to be out the money for these wires if they don't fit.