engine spatter

GoldenMotor.com

Rusty1

Jun 12, 2012
U.S.A.
I GOT IT ! Persistence paid off . I was looking at my carb when I noticed i could see light between the head and jug and after further inspection of the other side there was no gap what so ever . I've never had the head off so it came this way from the factory . After pulling the head I was surprised to see a couple spots on the top of the piston that looked like they might have tried to melt and you could see on the head where it was leaking . I put it back together with a new gasket and a little high temp gasket sealer [good for 700 degree's] and to my surprise it runs awesome at W.O.T. ! I still have a little spatter at low speeds and its low on power on take off but its much better than it was ! I've put a couple pictures of the problem in my profile

http://motorbicycling.com/album.php?albumid=906

Vince

Sep 30, 2011
canada
this thread may help me to. the top of my piston looks like your first pic, all black with carb build up and so does the head look the same way, can i use sand paper to clean that or what should i use ???

locell

Jan 16, 2010
mesa
this thread may help me to. the top of my piston looks like your first pic, all black with carb build up and so does the head look the same way, can i use sand paper to clean that or what should i use ???
hit it with somw wd-40, let it soak in then spray on some brake cleaner and it should wipe off, you dont wanna scratch it up with sandpaper or it might not seal right