29" genesis astra

GoldenMotor.com

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
The pic of the plug shows the inside of the plug boot still on the plug. It might cause you some problems if it shakes off or is loose now...I'd suggest replacing the cap and wire with a good automotive wire and boot.

Genisisonyx29

Jul 8, 2011
Merced California
The pic of the plug shows the inside of the plug boot still on the plug. It might cause you some problems if it shakes off or is loose now...I'd suggest replacing the cap and wire with a good automotive wire and boot.
ya I replaced the boot and plug a while ago. used an indian motorcycle boot lol. i need to get a new carb and throttle cable. my cable looks like a darn hamster nawed on it.. idk how that happend.

skitchfish

Oct 27, 2010
Michigan
I will give you a pat on the back, it's cool you get a feeling of accomplishment from learning new things on your own. The school of "Hard Knocks"(learning through self experience) is a tuff school, but the best school because you never forget your mistakes or accomplishments.

Genisisonyx29

Jul 8, 2011
Merced California
I will give you a pat on the back, it's cool you get a feeling of accomplishment from learning new things on your own. The school of "Hard Knocks"(learning through self experience) is a tuff school, but the best school because you never forget your mistakes or accomplishments.
ya id definitely say that this bike has been a huge learning experience. i took a small engines class last year, and with in the 5 months ive owned this bike i learned more than in a whole school year. i still have fixed the bike yet.. but christmas is around the corner and i told my parents what i needed to fix my bike. i got a new rt carb, throttle with integrated kill switch, and a 41 tooth sprocket. i want to get a x pipe. but im gonna have to save on my own for one.

skitchfish

Oct 27, 2010
Michigan
Good for you, Merry Christmas. Keep on saving for that pipe, I think you will learn that it is the best mod you can do to your china girl. I hope you got a good rt as some can't get a consistent idle no matter how well it is sealed. Have fun.

Genisisonyx29

Jul 8, 2011
Merced California
Hey Wats up everyone. I told myself never again when I blew my last motor. That was about a year ago. But I got a job now and some extra cash to spend so I've decided to get back into enjoying the fun of tinkering these little China kits. I'll be using the same bike but I've painted the fork, fender, and handlebars teal, and the frame flat black. Right out of the box I'm tossing the muffler, throttle, carb, intake, and the head. This time I'm around I'm trying to get rid of all the parts that always broke on me. I just bought a new 70cc hi hi compression puch head (which I've heard great stuff about) I've got decent x pipe, a sbp throttle (this thing won't break I'm sure) and an rt carb, high performance plug wire along with an ngk plug. I'm hoping for a max speed of 35 maybe even 38 and a decent cruising speed of 25 maybe 30. Also I'll be running a 36 tooth sprocket. I'll be using it about 3 times a week on 15 mile round trip. Hopefully this all works out and doesn't break down all the time because I need this to get to work