came across this tool, hates Motorized Bicycles well kinda

GoldenMotor.com

Acraze

May 13, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Re: came across this tool, hates MB's well kinda

lol makes sense

This guy is a survivalist. He is preparing for the apocolypse.

Did you check out his recs on firearms and food? Solar power?

I can see why he had an interest in cheap DIY transportation.

I guess he got sidetracked before he got to the ethanol conversion process.

Yeah, you don't want to be killed by the marauders before you can get back to home base 'cause your POS china girl died.

There won't be any internet after the horsemen ride - :)

decoherence

Aug 23, 2010
sebring,fl
Re: came across this tool, hates MB's well kinda

please excuse my speellling for this one post. for somereason when firefox upgraded it seemed to forget autocorrect & i have only had a few hours of sleep.

the guy actualy has many good points. my responces will match to his numbered points.

1. many people could have issues trying to use a clutch & brake set up unless they are use to a motorcycle. i have even had people that never drove a stick confused when they ask about using the clutch on the bike.

2 many normal brake set ups are way too weak for a motor set up. i bought an upgraded brake when i ordered but they forgot to send it @ first so i had the "standard"
that it comes with & it did stop dangerously slow. till i got the part that came late.

3. till the bike gets tuned after using it for a bit it does take a bit to start but based on that the point he is trying to make that the motot/bike set up is a danger. if it doesn't start it can't be a danger. so there is no point on 3

4 getting the bike tuned can be hard & if it dies when crossing an intersection can be a danger.

5yea the choke is a **** of a ***** to use under the seat. after it is started @ use for a few min no need to choke. i used to not ever use the choke. no danger

6 true but no big deal or a danger.

7. many people don't relize how much the motor can be finagled it to a few positions.
another is that it just didn't fit HIS bike the way he wanted.

8 you know almost everybody agreas w/ this

i want to add one he missed because he didn't seem to ride it long enought to relize.
in a normal set up, if the engine or left chain locks, the rear tire locks up.
that is always what i am thinking about when i'm riding.

i have broken many a belt & shattered 2 "variators" (scooter trans.) on my vespa & other scooter.
they just lose speed not lock up.

many of his problems are quite common on these forums & people should know about what problems they may have before the issue arises for thier own safety.

yea the guy is but hurt over his bike. so have many new people here.

so just because you guys don't like what he wrote doesn't make it incorrect.

the idea they sell you on is that you can take your bike & drop an engine on it you are good to go.

many people are not as mechanicly inclined as many of us. they are in a position of needing a basic transportation & short on money.
they need to know these things.

"....and knowing is half the battle. GO JOE!"