Original Cyclone racer STOLEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

GoldenMotor.com

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
I wasnt sure if this goes here or The Tavern, but it does involve a boardtrack racer.

Some of you may have seen this, Rustycase pointed it out to me and i cant find a thread so thought id start. Home invaders stole 2 bikes worth $1.5 million and one of them was an EXTREMELY RARE Cyclone racer:

http://www.cyrilhuzeblog.com/2012/0...h-1-5-m-stolen-from-los-angeles-bel-air-home/

It makes me angry they stole this bike and now have a piece of history . I sure hope they get this bike back.

I wonder what would be planned with it? Would it be sold on the black market to a private collector or maybe parted out? Either way its a shame, i cant imagine how the owner (or should i say custodian) feels..... like i said i hope they get it back

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
I have an article in "Old Bike Australia" that features a cyclone racer owned by a Jeffery Gilbert for 20 years, i wonder if this is the bike?

The article features a nice story....... i really feel for the guy

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
More than likely the theives will part it out since high alerts have gone out world on these two bikes(as a whole bike) with antique motorcycle collectors,dealers and auctioneers, what a shame!! gets me thinking about ebay sellers parting out a bike thinking they will make more rather then selling the bike in it's whole,plus to them they are just selling part, insted of a part of history sad!, sad!, sad!! ya lucky for us that we can get the part we need or want but I can just imagine how the guy who owned it still feels at this very moment

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
With any luck the theives arent pros, hopefully a couple of 2 bit crooks and they get caught breaking in somewhere else and the bike is found safe and sound somewhere. But probably not likely.

Even if they part it out the parts wouldnt be to go on another Cyclone so would the pieces just be up on peoples walls? If so they obviously know its stolen.... i think it would be more likely a collector somewhere has bought it complete.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
With any luck the theives arent pros, hopefully a couple of 2 bit crooks and they get caught breaking in somewhere else and the bike is found safe and sound somewhere. But probably not likely.

Even if they part it out the parts wouldnt be to go on another Cyclone so would the pieces just be up on peoples walls? If so they obviously know its stolen.... i think it would be more likely a collector somewhere has bought it complete.
I think you're right there, Harry. I think somebody already knew about it, paid for it, and a third party hired these thugs as "acquisitioners". If I lived in the LA area, I'd take this case on just for fun.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Somebody had to see something, since the neighbors are so close and know each other fairly well but still what a shame at any rate, even if the person(s) who gets it in the end couldn't even ride it in fear of someone else knowing about its noteriety and rarity,no matter where you go someone will be so inquisitive about it that one thing will lead to another.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
I doubt most serious collectors would even think of riding them, which is why a lot of these bikes dont even have a primary chain sometimes (im guessing its easier to move around for shows etc)........ if its worth $1.5 million at auction, i wonder what the "black market" value is?