Honda Z50 siezed

GoldenMotor.com

Spunout

MB Builder Extraordinaire
Jul 21, 2008
coventry, RI
blog.360.yahoo.com
This, i would like to get running. I had one like it (PRE rear shocks) when i was just a pup.

the people that gave it to me claim to the best of their memory, that it ran until one year, they tried to fire it up and everything was stuck.

the kickstart wont budge, and it wont go into any gear, up nor down.

i checked the crankcase...not a single drop of oil on the dipstick.

in your opinions, what do i look at first? bike motors are easy...this may be a little beyond me.

Attachments

VincenT

Feb 7, 2008
if kick start doesn't budge...piston might be seized to the wall...remove sparkplug and pour in marvels mystery oil...let it soak for a couple of days. Also, pour seafoam in the crank case and also let it sit.... after a couple of days and with the sparkplug out try to cycle the engine with the kickstart....GENTLY

Just picked up a couple of bikes 2 weeks ago...including a 66 ct200... I love old bikes

Attachments

Last edited:

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Rode one 1 go to a 200 on a Hibusa tonight. 213 before It was shut down, ( I ran out of zipper) rotfl My freind did not think it go that fast. Cha Ching! $ 50.00 to kids who can't afford school supplys. (c)

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
It's probably just stuck from sitting.

I'd full the crank case with light oil and pour MMO, trans fluid, or PB blaster down the plug hole.

I have a 74 qa50 in a box right now...got as far as stripping it down, welding a hole in the exhaust, and getting the sparks to fly again. I'll slate it for sometime this winter.

Vincent- I just re-built and sold a 66 ct200 last spring, now I have a 71 ct90 that needs some TLC.

It's a disease.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Don't know about the seafoam in there- clutch plates an all that....never tried it there, just in the tank.

VincenT

Feb 7, 2008
Looks like your disease is not as bad as mine :( at least you can sell the bike... I can't seem to let go??? I bought 11 motorcycles since last year...nothing new except for my HD nightster. The rest are 60s/70's honda and a Kawasaki H1... planning to cafe race each and everyone except for the ct200... I'm just cleaning her up because we all know.... chics dig scooters (^)

the seafoam is okay just to break up the guck...just make sure to drain completly and replace with fresh fluid.

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol
i always use a few spoonfulls of ATF fluid on siezed up motors, worked on a siezed tight rd200. let it sit over night, then i had my buddy push me down the driveway and i popped the clutch. took 4 runs up and down the drive way but it broke free.