Reversing/Switching Positions of Exhaust Manifold w/ Intake Manifold (2-Stroke 66cc)

GoldenMotor.com

BranLaz

Sep 21, 2011
San Diego, CA
So while looking at other peoples custom motorized bike I noticed that some people motors (2-stroke motor) have their exhaust manifold facing towards the rear tire (where the Intake manifold/carb would be) rather than having it face down (where the exhaust would usually)

So my question:

Did the motorkit specifically come like that

OR

Can I just switch positions?

Reason for this: The exhaust manifold position would be better for making a custom exhaust.

Thanks!

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Re: Reversing/Switching Positions of Exhaust Manifold w/ Intake Manifold (2-Stroke 66

So while looking at other peoples custom motorized bike I noticed that some people motors (2-stroke motor) have their exhaust manifold facing towards the rear tire (where the Intake manifold/carb would be) rather than having it face down (where the exhaust would usually)

So my question:

OR

Reason for this: The exhaust manifold position would be better for making a custom exhaust.

Thanks!
If you want to change from what you are accustomed at seeing, dig out a welder.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Re: Reversing/Switching Positions of Exhaust Manifold w/ Intake Manifold (2-Stroke 66

No, the kit does not come like that.

You need to rotate the cylinder and piston 180'
Also the transfer ports need to be matched for the motor to perform
properly.

If you come to SoCal Oct 22nd race in Apple Valley you can see
bairdco race his reversed engine Grubee Starfire that has been
tricked out with all kinds of mods.

BranLaz

Sep 21, 2011
San Diego, CA

You need to rotate the cylinder and piston 180'
Also the transfer ports need to be matched for the motor to perform
properly.

If you come to SoCal Oct 22nd race in Apple Valley you can see
bairdco race his reversed engine Grubee Starfire that has been
tricked out with all kinds of mods.
Thanks! Thats what I was wondering if I needed to rotate the piston and cylinder... Will the crank and drivetrain be affected as well?

Thanks!

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california

i cant post links from my phone but type "backwards engine experiment" into the search box and you can see one of the bikes i built a few years ago, and is still going strong today.

BranLaz

Sep 21, 2011
San Diego, CA

i cant post links from my phone but type "backwards engine experiment" into the search box and you can see one of the bikes i built a few years ago, and is still going strong today.
Awesome! I will!

BranLaz

Sep 21, 2011
San Diego, CA

Hey how did you do that filter? Thats pretty bad ass!

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com

Hey how did you do that filter? Thats pretty bad ass!
Pic of the filter on Mikuni carb below.
If you want to see bairds new "blue" top secret reversed motor
ya gonna have to show up at the race.

bairdco said:
anyone want some action on the 1/8 mile race? i'm confident this will be the fastest 2 stroke china doll at the race, if not on the entire planet.

bairdco

Aug 18, 2009

the filter is the stock mikuni filter. the motor on the bike pictures is a 66cc GT4 grubee starfire, with a Harley (davidson) Aermacchi M50 head, a Mikuni VM16 carb, custom exhaust, on a 40's Colson Olympic.

the new motor MBR posted is gonna be a little more. GT4 case, GT5A jug, GT4 head, SKF bearings, Wiseco piston, balanced crank, and some extra special mods. gotta build an expansion chamber and a manifold for the mikuni, and then it'll be ready.

we GPS'd my last motor at 54mph, then i caught up to traffic. my phone GPS had it at 62. then it exploded.

my new motor should run comfortably in the 60's. and i hope to punch out a 70+mph run at the Grange racetrack.

i know it sounds like a lot of talk, but i'm hoping to back it up. if it doesn't happen, no one can say i didn't try.

besides, who the **** else is crazy enough to go 70mph on a beach cruiser? :)

BranLaz

Sep 21, 2011
San Diego, CA

i know it sounds like a lot of talk, but i'm hoping to back it up. if it doesn't happen, no one can say i didn't try.

besides, who the **** else is crazy enough to go 70mph on a beach cruiser? :)
I am :)

Im one of those guys that goes "Hmm... What if I...." and then does it and if it doesn't work "Well, at least I tried it ^^::"

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado

"my phone GPS had it at 62. "

I want a phone like yours.

Tom

bairdco

Aug 18, 2009

there's some videos of some of my bikes on youtube, just search "bairdco."

at the race there's supposed to be a radar gun on the 950' straight, and we'll video the new bike.