Simply tryin my patience

GoldenMotor.com

Flintino

Aug 22, 2011
Steinbach, Manitoba
Hi! I am very sorry that this is how I have to make my first post, especially since I have been exploring this forum for nearly 3 weeks. I have exhausted google with questions for about 4 days trying to find out why my engine wont start. So hopefully someone here can have some wisdom to share.

I have a zoombicycles 80cc/66cc bicycle engine kit. The same that is currently on their website.

The engine will not start or even pop. I have tried the following.
-spark plug gaps at 0.020, 0.025, 0.032
- I have tried fuel mixtures of 24/1 and 36/1
- I have sealed the intake to the carb, the intake to the engine block and the head to the block with gasket sealer.
-I have also cleaned the carb about 4 times and also sealed the bowl to the carb. All of the sealing was done to prevent a possible air leak.
- I have also taken off the air filter just to be sure that wont hinder anything.
- My wiring is correct, blue to blue, black to black. The kill switch is disconnected. All wires are bound in tape to prevent shorts.
- I have a spark because I took out the spark plug and got a spark when touching the head, while my wife peddled the bike while I held it off of the ground.
- I have also tried ether in the carb and still no pops or starts.

Here is how it goes. The clutch works because when I have the clutch engaged I can turn the wheel freely. When the clutch is disengaged there is quite abit of resistance and the piston is moving up and down.

When I try to get it started I engage thew clutch and pedal hard till I am going fast and disengage the clutch and keep pedaling till I am tired. All, while I am moving the choke using the tickler. Etc. Heard you had to be a three handed monkey and I am still not geting it started. Earlier today I disconnected the spark plug and rode fl throttle to clean out the engine in case it was flooded.

I now have a sneaking suspiscion that the needle from the throttle is supposed to be knocked down a few notches. I live in Manitoba Canada if that helps anything.

Oh yes the spark plug isn't wet if that helps also.

I cant see anything right now but does it sound like the needle thing needs to be adjusted? I just find it weird that it didnt even start with ether. I even tried ether in the spark plug hole before starting once. Thank yall foe your time cause I am stumped and anymore searching on my phone will drive m,e insane since its the only internet I have. Cheers!

Flintino

Aug 22, 2011
Steinbach, Manitoba
I also forgot to add that the throttle seems rather stiff. The plastic cylinder in the carb with the throttle released is sitting so the bottom of the cylinder is about halfway in the intake tube. I am nbot sure how it should look, my manual doesnt have any pictures of that sort of thing. Thanks again.