Please post basket pics here!

GoldenMotor.com

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Thank you!

I have GOT to build a basket for my MAB !

Do you have a basket you like, or know of one that is good?
Would you post a pic/source?

I have some salvaged market display racks I shall cut up and re-weld to fab a basket and would like to know what others find most useful.

A short time ago someone mentioned a collapsible basket??? Is that good?

Yah, this belongs in the tavern... It's gotta be able to carry an 18pack, or a gallon of milk.. :)
....just doesn't make sense to fire up the ford to make a run to the market to get something small...

Tnx!
rc

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
This is how I have rolled for years look close there is a jug of milk in there and a jug of water:D

Last edited:

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Yah, GH... lol

bbut I'm not an agile young fellow like you any more and them swingy ballast weights would send me the direction of Deacon, most likely!

Gosh you have a nice machine! I'm too old for that much action anymore.
(Like clint eastwood said in that movie, "Gotta know your limitations'.)
rc

decoherence

Aug 23, 2010
sebring,fl
yea! that's been me for half my life!

then i got a vespa & have had to use other funky ways to transport things.

now on a moto/bike, i have been searching for some saddle baskets. when i do i will probably try my bigger back sprocket.

i have an old front basket but it can't carry anything that i wouldn't feel comfortable slipping over the handle bars.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
That is GREAT! 2door!
lol
I like it!
Almost guaranteed to keep a smile on everyone's face, including the tax collector.

lol I eyeball them carts strewn alongside the streets near the markets and just KNOW it would be a 30 day vacation for axing one of those things up.. lol
Btr just let em be...

Where did you get that cute little cart???
It's really nice.
rc

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Rusty,
Those miniature grocery carts were made for the company I worked for as a promotional item. They put our products in them and sent them to buyers/purchasing agents of major grocery store chains. I scrounged one before I retired. The neat thing is that a six pack just fits perfectly in it. :)
Tom

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Cheap removable handlebar basket on OP Roller.

Nice permanent (built into handlebars) handlebar basket on Mango Toucan 3.

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
Nice, Mike! I was eyeing that bar/basket combo posted the other day. I like how it works on your Mango Toucan.

I have nothing with baskets at the moment. It's kinda sad! But I have a couple pics of my bikes with baskets :D

1st pic: old pic of my Nirve Knuckle with 3 Wald 582s. The 582s are really heavy, but they can hold an upright 18-pack of beer or a car battery if you want.
Two 1-gallon plastic jugs can fit nice in a 582. When the basket is folded, they are only 1.25" thick!

2nd pic: my GreenLine with same rack/basket and a Wald 157 front basket. The 157 is the largest basket Wald makes and it eats lots of stuff.
The engine box in the pic does fit in the front basket lol

Attachments