WAiting for Gordo

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Because of this post I am naming my new gasoline friction drive kit Gordo.....AT 2:30 PM EDST I will own a friction drive bicycle motor kit. The somewhat amusing thing is that I don't have any idea yet just which one it will be. Why is that you might ask?

Well last week I decided to buy a kit so I went to Ebay of course. I was looking at new kits when I ran across this kit, Bumble Bee Gas Powered Bicycle Motor - eBay (item 120673514072 end time Jan-25-11 12:13:13 PST) Since it didn't have any bids, I put in a low bid and went on to select the kit I expected to buy. I figured my bid on the bumble bee kit would last about a day or two. Well at approx 3PM today it bids out. I still expect someone to snipe it at the last minute. Retail on the toy was 350 bucks. My guess is somebody bought it rode it a month and found out how slow 20 miles an hour is and how little the cars look out for you on a bike and took it off. I emailed the man selling it to make sure he had actually had the motor running and it wasn't one of those, "I know it runs cause the guy I bought it from at the yard sale said it ran when he put it away five years ago." He assured me that he and his son had to clean the carb to get it running. Which is what all small engines need after being stored with gas in them. So I'm satisfied that it will at least start.

Now what to do if someone comes along and offers the guy what the kit is worth, If that is the case then this is this one that I will buy five minutes after the auction ends.... 40CC 2-STROKE REAR FRICTION BICYCLE MOTOR ENGINE KIT - eBay (item 250728538724 end time Feb-15-11 11:42:11 PST) Either way next week my shop will trade the smell of ozone for the smell of gasoline exhaust. Well if not exhaust the smell unburned gasoline.cvlt1cvlt1

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I am not the proud owner of the bumbee motor. I could not believe that I bought it so cheap, but I did. Further adventures under the DIY section.