carburetor tubes leaking gas

GoldenMotor.com

klondikemike

Nov 24, 2010
los alamos
I have a sky hawk installed on a mnt bike. works ok, need to install the chain tensioner. Anyway my problem is there are two plastic tubes coming off of the carb that go no where and leak. What are these for?

GRUBEE SkyHawk GT5 66cc/80cc

skiball83

Nov 18, 2010
Chicago
The one on the bottom is the over flow tube leave it be. Its made to leak. The top one should go into a hole in your air cleaner assembly (top hole is easier). Im thinking you got the new cns carb with the red filter housing and the choke on the handle bar. BTW you should shorten that hose on the top to about 2 - 2.5 inches and make sure it goes into the filter housing, test the length as you dont want a crimp in the line. Its for vaccum and could suck in crude from the road if you leave it out.

rexford

Aug 28, 2011
United States
I just bought a new bike and I can't start the bike with the gas on or the overflow tube will leak for no reason. Is the pin is supposed to rest on the float and need to be held in by the float, or should the pin stay in on it's own? Can someone kindly fill me in?

PLEASE!:-||

NorthMi

Jul 5, 2011
Wexford County, MI
rexford, Just a wild guess but it sounds like your float is installed upside down and not holding the needle against the seat, may also be your problem klondikemike, don't ask how I know this could be a problem HA! HA!
Mike

Last edited:

NorthMi

Jul 5, 2011
Wexford County, MI
rexford, klondikemike started this posting. I have had the same thing happen to me when I was rejetting the carb on my 66cc engine so it would run half decent, once it was dirt under the needle the second time I was in a hurry and the float was installed upside down, 3rd time I have no idea, took it apart could not see anything put it back together again and it did not leak. Hopefully someone else can help you with this frustrating problem.
Mike

Last edited: