Need Help finding a Welding Machine?

GoldenMotor.com

cycleburr

Sep 30, 2010
Wisconsin
Hello All i am looking to get a tig welder hopefully with a plasma cutter all in one combo unit, it will also need to weld and cut aluminum......does anyone have any suggestions or knowledge about good companies that sell quality machines for a reasonable price...if so let me know i would highly appreciate it.dance1dance1dance1dance1

hurricane

Sep 20, 2010
america
You will have to spend several thousand dollars for all that equipment,I have everything you mentioned and I would never purchase one machine that "does it all" you just don't get the quality nor the performance from those types of machines.

If you are just a weekend welder try this for a tig welder,it is %20 duty cycle which is about all you will need for weekend projects and it will also weld aluminum

miller econotig items - Get great deals on Business Industrial, miller diversion items on eBay.com!

Here is a reasonable plasma cutter that will suit your needs

ForceCut LP-40D | Plasma Cutter.

You will need 220v power supply to your shop plus a decent air compressor

With all this equipment you mat as well open up a business sand make money with it, cause it sure wont pay for itself just making bicycle parts.

Good luck on your quest for tools, another option is check craigslist often, there are a few deals on used equipment.

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
On the same link you posted for Forcecut is a link for their multipurpose tig/plasma for $799. I might have to try one of those. I have an ARC and wire welder and have always wanted a TIG. That is an awesome price on the plasma cutter, $399. That's almost scary low. Thanks for the link though.

hurricane

Sep 20, 2010
america
That should work out pretty good for you , it has 60% Duty Cycle at 40 Amps so for bike repair it will be adequate.