Schwinn Stingray OCC - Parting Out

GoldenMotor.com

stingray'04rider

Jul 3, 2010
garland, texas
IF YOU OWN A SANDBLASTER, THIS IS YOUR PROJECT.

Ok, well, my Stingray is old and in pieces. It sat in my garage for years and i never noticed the muriatic acid containers which were leaking vapor and heavily rusted the forks and everything on them. Anyways, here are the parts, which only some are in need of attention:

Forks - both were rusty and one is covered in rusteoleum, they'll both be fine if you sandblast them. But definitely not good looking at the moment. Structurally they are sound, just rusty.

Frame - no problems, but when i was actually riding it years ago, it's used basically (could use a good polish.) PEDALS NOT INCLUDED WITH FRAME.

Rear Wheel - good condition, no problems, but sprocket is slightly rusty, could be fixed with sandpaper. DOES NOT INCLUDE TIRE/WHEEL, (but i'll include them you pay for them, it'll save you extra shipping money.)

Rear tire/tube
- tire is used,but good, will need new one after 2 years, roughly. Tube is good, no problems. Will include rear wheel for extra.

Front Wheel - uggh.....bad condition. It's covered in gold rustoleum that looks ,weird, on it, not necessarily bad though. The spokes are still rusty under the paint, but the rustoleum stopped the rusting (yay, sorta.) Needs bearings, and for the inside of where the bearings are to be cleaned good, since rustoleum probably got in. Overall, fixable, but will need a sandblasting. Does not include tire/tube, but will include for extra.

Front Tire/Tube - Good condition, but used. May need to replace tire in 2 years. Does not include wheel, but will include for extra.

Handlebars - Great looking, if you got the horrible rustoleum off of them. Very small amount of rust were on them before I even scrubbed them with a wire brush, which removed 99% of the rust. Then I sprayed them gold, which at first looked good on them, but after a day, something weird happened and it changed the look. Anyways, just needs a sandblasting.

Triple tree mount - only thing wrong with them is the screws are rusty, but not the mount.

If you have any specific questions, just ask me. Shipping is extra.