How far did you ride today?

GoldenMotor.com

timboellner

Apr 1, 2009
Towson Maryland
Okay it was a beautiful day outside today and I got to wondering how many of you
took advantage of it.
I wanted to take an informal pole to see how far you rode.
Summer only lasts a few more weeks.
So... let's here it...
How far did you ride???
Around the block or did ya tear up the town?
My cheepo but fairly accurate speedo says 32 miles today.
SuPeR FuN StuFF

TIM

timboellner

Apr 1, 2009
Towson Maryland
Wow Kevlar, Only 52 miles?
I think that's incredible.
If you "only" rode 52 miles, how many miles is your average ride?
I think I'd need to stop and check to see if all of my bike's and all of my body parts were still
intact about half way through that ride.
You are a trooper.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
7am and I've done a whopping 1/4 mile so far...

I ran outa coffee this mornin' and hadta get summore at the inconvenience store :oops:

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Fairracing, is that rust on your rims? I thought things didn't rust in Aridzona! laff

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Most of my trips are a mile or less.
About the longest single trip I take is to my mom's and back, about 18 mi each way.

13.8 mi of the trip to my mom's is paved canal bank trails, aka my personal Autobahn ;-}
Those two blue X's are my other frequent trips.
If you "only" rode 52 miles, how many miles is your average ride?
I think I'd need to stop and check to see if all of my bike's and all of my body parts were still
intact about half way through that ride.
(smiles at Tim)
That's less than 2 hours. You should build yourself a Luxury Ride. Seat and Front shocks, Gears, and nice Padded Hand Grips and Seat make a would of difference.

timboellner

Apr 1, 2009
Towson Maryland
Looks like you guys out in Arizona have some pretty wide open space to ride.
I've gotta navigate through traffic lights and cars for several miles to get somewhere
"out of the neighborhood"
Fairraicing31, man that's some really nice looking scenery where you are.
No wonder you can rack up the miles just getting from point A to point B.
I wish I lived somewhere else that was better stompin ground than here.
Nevertheless I'm happy with a solid 25 mile ride.
And by the way KC, I do have a nice padded seat and 7 gears of awesomeness.
My butt is too old for those modern ball grinder seats.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Made my weekly library run today...12.3 miles round trip. But the newly painted Jaguar has accrued a whoppin' 173 miles since I got it back together about three weeks ago. I zeroed the odometer. It originally had about 750 on it. My other bikes are feeling neglected. I love riding this thing.
Tom

Attachments

Last edited:

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
I need to get a bigger tank. I usually ride through one, dump in the reserve and come home. With the speeds I ride I'm only getting about 70mpg.

moronic_kaos

Apr 6, 2010
Connecticut
I need to get a bigger tank. I usually ride through one, dump in the reserve and come home. With the speeds I ride I'm only getting about 70mpg.
speaking of tiny tanks....

Got sick of those flimsy stock one's studs rattling loose all the time, so I got a weed eater one attached to it now. Ugly and small, but hey like the OP posted, summers almost over...

Miles today: 40-ish

Tank refills: 5.

Thinking about converting the red refill tank to a working tank with a line since I got to lug it around on the rear rack anyway. 1 Gallon would be nice...

Michigan Mike

Dec 9, 2008
Michigan
Made my weekly library run today...12.3 miles round trip. But the newly painted Jaguar has accrued a whoppin' 173 miles since I got it back together about three weeks ago. I zeroed the odometer. It originally had about 750 on it. My other bikes are feeling neglected. I love riding this thing.
Tom
Tom,
That is one awesome bike ... way too cool!
Mike

midnight_rider

Aug 2, 2010
Cambridge Ontario
I did about 75 kilometers yesterday , I have to get a pair of Grab-ons for the grips , the vibration numbs my hands after about 45 minutes of riding and I really have to concentrate making my fingers engage the clutch and brakes love the bike and the new pipe is amazing.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
This morning I rode to my sisters house- 24 miles round trip

Then I cruised to my buddy Omars house 14 miles round trip.

Then I cruised downtown and the U of A, add another 18 miles for that ride

Then I went to grocery store a little over 1 mile round trip.

After that I cruised to gates pass with a friend thats about 8 miles round trip.

All in weather above 110* Also my last pair of glasses fell off while riding and got crushed by the car behind me.* Also my clutch began to slip today. I will adjust it but I believe I need new pads.

Attachments

Last edited: