Those important people...

GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

stevolandis

Feb 20, 2010
NE Pennsylvania
I've always wondered about moderators and admins. Whilst wonderin', I got a bunch of questions. Somebody will probably think of other q's.

1. Is there more than 1 admin?
2. What "powers" do admins have? Other than complete control over the forum, of course.
3. How many moderators are there? What can they do?
4. How does one become a moderator?

That's all I could think of...

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
There's two admins - Paul ofc & Alex too, there's about 1/2 dozen or so active moderators...

As for our powwas, well I can't speak for the others but I mostly rely on my causimomancy skillz.

>.< *ohmnomienomnom* o.o

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
having been a moderator at 'the other place',
I know how hard these guys work, and what a great job they do here :):)

all I can say is THANKS !!! (^)(^)(^)

Last edited:

eastwood

Jun 17, 2010
brooksville,fl
the mods are mostly old guys who are bored and power hungry just praying they get a chance to ban someone.like this morning,i get banned for 1 week from the other site.
which ive been on for almost three years.the mod the banned me hads a join date of 2010.

his name is stan4d and i called him stan4duh.he actually gave me a time limit to fix it and i did but he decided to ban me anyway.i said stan4duh because he said weve had disasters in the past like the one werre having now with the oil spill.

he also thinks everything will be back to normal in ten years.

Last edited by a moderator:

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
o_O

I'm not sure coming here and badmouthing moderators in general is gonna convince the staff here that you were unduly persecuted...

...in fact I'm pretty sure I don't give the slightest bit of a crap about "the other site" nor your unfortunate experience & in fact I'm somewhat offended by your slanderous generalizations.

Consider that a warning from this "bored, power hungry old guy" - this is a different forum entirely, check your baggage at the door kfanx ;)

motorbiker

Mar 22, 2008
Tampa Bay Florida
the mods are mostly old guys who are bored and power hungry just praying they get a chance to ban someone.like this morning,i get banned for 1 week from the other site.
which ive been on for almost three years.the mod the banned me hads a join date of 2010.

his name is stan4d and i called him stan4duh.he actually gave me a time limit to fix it and i did but he decided to ban me anyway.i said stan4duh because he said weve had disasters in the past like the one werre having now with the oil spill.

he also thinks everything will be back to normal in ten years.R U FING KIDDING ME?
Ouch ! A lot of members names say banned next to them I notice on that forum.

People should use more smiley faces and not be so serious online.

I try not to say something online that I would not be willing to say to that persons face.

Believe it or not.

Last edited:

eastwood

Jun 17, 2010
brooksville,fl
Ouch ! A lot of members names say banned next to them I notice on that forum.

People should use more smiley faces and not be so serious online.

I try not to say something online that I would not be willing to say to that persons face.

Believe it or not.
ok i guess im just venting a little,but have no doubt,i would say a lot more than that to his face if he told me weve been thru this kinda thing before and all will be back to normal in ten years!
all i said to the dude was stand4duh!
ive contributed a lot of my know how on that forum and if thats all the thnx i get for it you can kiss my u no what!BIG CRY BABY!HOW CAN YOU LOOK AT YOURSELF IN THE MIRROR WHEN BEING CALLED A LITTLE NAME MAKES YOU BAN SOMEONE.

he knows thats a touchy subject and hes the one who got it going again and not even with new info,he quoted something he had said 10 posts earlier.

happyvalley

Jul 24, 2008
upper Pioneer Valley
Hey eastwood, their loss is our gain. Best thing is let it go, contribute here and enjoy this site. The guys here are cool (as are most of the mods on the other site). The one guy you're talking about other there I think is just a noob power-tripping at handling himself around groups online.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I am sorry for your trouble at the "other forum" eastwood, but you are welcomed here at Motorbicycling.com and I hope you enjoy our forum as much as we do. We do not need every member that gets banned over there to come here and vent why that forum sucks.

I understand you feel you were done wrong but we dont need a link or for you to copy and paste what went on over there. So your last post was deleted and this thread will be locked.

Welcome to the forum eastwood, looking forward to you sharing about Motorized Bicycle.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i am old as dirt and only power i want is more power to my motorized bicycle. sheesh if i am older then dirt what does that make tom laff

Status
Not open for further replies.