man was I bored

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I did some battery rewiring this morning so I had to wait for them to charge. I tried everything to pass the time. I finally looked around for anything at all to do. I saw my 6year old grandson's 16" bmx type bike. When I took him for a long ride along the bike trial, he said his butt hurt from the little seat. I happened to have a bigger seat that was still too small for my magno sized butt so I thought heck, I'll just install it on his bike. Then I thought, I should build him a poboy chopper. He will be the envy of the neighborhood.

I found a compatible front fork from a 20" bike complete with brake and wheel. So I switch out his front fork. I almost had it back together when I decided that it needed bigger handlebars. So now he has a sweptback bike with what looks like long horn cattle horns on the front with a big seat. That thing is really a mishmash of parts, but kind of ghetto cool. I would make a picture but my real computer is out right now so I will do it next week.

His mom is a paramedic so he is forced to wear a bike helmet. I had him a blue one but he really likes my old funky captain america helmet. It is too big for him so I painted his jungle camo. If he has to wear it at least it will be interesting. Now I am watching the worlds worst tv show online.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I had to pull the front 20" wheel and replace it with the 16 but it still has the front fork of the 20 inch bike so it has the same rake as my big bikes. He hasn't been over yet but I think he will love it. Especially the cruiser seat to replace that kiddie torture device.

replacement computer is due in today. With a lot of luck the system devices will be the same as with my old one and it will fire right up and run for a while.

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
I remember as a kid everyone seemed to have the po-boy choppers made out of 20" bikes with two forks stacked and welded together, one kid actually had 3. that was something all my friends had but I could never get my dad to do for me 'cause he said I'd kill myself. laff

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Well the used computer came in ... It is the small form factor version of my last one so it worked out pretty good. I spend most of the day downloading drivers but it's all good now.

Tomorrow I will try to shoot some pics of the bikes... Should be interesting, I think I will shoot my bike with his beside it to show you the similarities

Ps the new computer seems to work just fine for under fifty bucks.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Tiny little thing. Almost like a 'pocket bike'.
I remember when my son was that small.
His body is 'all growed up' now, but sometimes his thinking reminds me of when he was that age if you know what I mean.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I guess I need to hang an e motor on it. Problem is the rhino has an eight inch wheel almost half the size of the rear wheel on the bike. I don't have a currie rear wheel that small. It would make a cure lil scooter though.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I decided to shoot a picture of spencer's (My grandson) bike. I took the 1938 polaroid roll film camera out to the drive. Set the bike up. Loaded the camera with a piece of black and white photo paper, that's right paper not film. I was going to shoot a paper negative of the bike to see how it worked.

I got zippo from the paper. The developer was way too old. I'm going to start shooting them again so I will be making fresh developer every few shots. I haven't used the batch I tried today for a few weeks. I shudda knowed better.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
my grandson saw and rode his custom bike today lol. He liked the seat didn't understand the jacked up front end or the big handlebars. His comment, I want a kickstand lol. so of course I built one for him. Had to cut some out of a 20"er.

Scooterpimp

Jul 14, 2010
Delaware???
I remember as a kid everyone seemed to have the po-boy choppers made out of 20" bikes with two forks stacked and welded together, one kid actually had 3. that was something all my friends had but I could never get my dad to do for me 'cause he said I'd kill myself. laff
I had 2 of my moms old clothes poles with ends mashed in a vise & drilled for a wheel. used hammer to beat pipes on forks. rode that bike to school for along time. (5 foot Forks).shft.