my first bike

GoldenMotor.com

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
the first bike i ever bought with my own money was a 1967 honda s90. that was in 1974. today at the vintage days swap meet, there she was, not the same bike but one exactly like it, same year and color, i was looking at it hard and the seller through his pitch, after telling me how great and mint it was he couldn't get it started, well the haggeling began and i now own a 67 s90, i brought it home and started trouble shooting it, good spark but no fuel, so much for his claim of just having put many miles on it. after cleaning out the tank, petcock and carb she fired up and i just took the first ride, man it's great to be 14 again. lol.

Mac

Dec 3, 2009
Maine
The old "super 90", that was when men were men and sheep were scared!! I remember my first "real" bike, other thhan the standard mini-bike, it was a mini trail 50, I guess early 70's or so... talk about memories...

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
What a coincidence! My very first bike when I was 15 was a red 1975 Honda CB-400 Four Super Sport, & I saw a perfectly restored one right beside me at a stop light today!! (They're really rare now.)
I really loved that bike!! (& now I want another one!) :D
Congrats on your new time machine! (^)

Last edited:

leftywoody

Aug 23, 2008
Lagrange Indiana
My first bike ,that I bought with my own money, was a 1970 kawasaki Mach III . It was 1971 and I was a senior in high school . I had it for a month and realized that there was a reason it was nicknamed , The Widow Maker . It was very light in the front end and had a tendancy to leave the ground too easily . It was also the fastest production bike in the U.S. for a few years . Not the best choice for a teen to pick to own . A tractor with a 13 year old driver ended that little segment of my senior year . The bike was toast and I spent 28 days in a hospital bed with a part of my right foot amputated . Venice , that Honda you bought was much like another bike I had later when I healed up . It was a Honda 450 Scrambler . It was very smooth and nice sounding . Honda really had a good product in those years . I would take another spin on the Kaw , but wouldn't want to own one again .

Attachments

Last edited:

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
1st bike, Honda CB160 bought in '79 and it looked pretty much like this one just not as clean.

2nd bike, '69 Honda CB350 Super Sport in '81 and it didn't look anywhere as nice as this. lol

3rd, '73 Honda CB350 Four and it looked exactly like this when bought in '83 and sold in '87.

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
What was the Suzuki 3 cylinder 2 stroke bike that was like a cafe racer? When I was a teenager the neighbor kid had one and was always getting into trouble with it.